Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lee vs GGG cancelled (the original false rumor)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
    lol right, bringing a guy up from 154 with no notable wins is better.
    Rosado was a last second choice.

K2 had been waiting on Daniel Geale who just beat Sturm. But Geale allowed himself to be stripped of the WBA title in October to fight Mundine. Initially K2 wanted GGG to return in December, so then they offered Edwin Rodriguez $500k at 166lbs (La Bomba's last two fights were at 166lbs), Rodriguez rejected the fight and they also offered Oosthuizen and he wanted more money. K2 then had to decide between Rosado or Fernado Guerrero. Rosado was coming off 3 wins on NBC and looked more durable than Guerrero, so they went with Rosado and offered him a CW at 158lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
      Are you ******ed? Golovkin vs Andy Lee was set, both sides came to an agreement. It wasn't a particularly great fight as many people were complaining it was too easy of a fight for Golovkin (Lee didn't have a title) and it was being called a mismatch by many writers and websites. Gennady's father died. The fight was cancelled and Gennady went to Kazakhstan to mourn his father for 40 days, as is tradition. Lee took a couple easy fights and got an opportunity to fight Matt Korobov for a vacant title, which Al Haymon immediately got in contact with Andy Lee to make a Quillin fight, to try and get Quillin's belt back that he was just stripped of. Meanwhile Golovkin fought Geale and then got an opportunity to fight Rubio for the WBC interim belt, to use to try and get Cotto. Each guy went there own path since the cancellation of their planned April match, each with their own motive. To suggest K2 and/or Andy Lee were avoiding eachother when they were set to fight eachother is laughable and just another stupid post/thread on your part obsessing over Golovkin. Golovkin vs Lee is a mismatch and the only reason anyone wanted it to happen was to unify.
      Yeah that's easy to theorize innit. Please share me the links and those here at BoxingScene.com that gave details about this cancellation and any follow up articles since! Or was Monroe Jr. the ideal #18th ranked candidate Southpaw at 160 when in interviews throughout that promotion nobody ever mentioned the initial cancellation, nor did Lee ever talk about the initial cancellation when asked in 2015 about a possible GGG matchup, like "well after the first cancellation we never followed up on it.."

You can't mate, because GGG's camp just used that excuse to not fight Lee. Find me a link from GGG or Sanchez saying they wanted the WBO when Lee acquired it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        Yeah that's easy to theorize innit. Please share me the links and those here at BoxingScene.com that gave details about this cancellation and any follow up articles since! Or was Monroe Jr. the ideal #18th ranked candidate Southpaw at 160 when in interviews throughout that promotion nobody ever mentioned the initial cancellation, nor did Lee ever talk about the initial cancellation when asked in 2015 about a possible GGG matchup, like "well after the first cancellation we never followed up on it.."

You can't mate, because GGG's camp just used that excuse to not fight Lee. Find me a link from GGG or Sanchez saying they wanted the WBO when Lee acquired it. Good luck!
        Lol you absolute delusional human, where have you been for the last 12 or so months? Gennady has wanted a unification bout for a very long time. http://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/video...-andy-lee/6220

Clearly gennady wanted the fight so p!ss off with that delusional BS

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
          Lol you absolute delusional human, where have you been for the last 12 or so months? Gennady has wanted a unification bout for a very long time. http://www.sportsjoe.ie/boxing/video...-andy-lee/6220

Clearly gennady wanted the fight so p!ss off with that delusional BS

No no no, ''unifying the belts'' is general hogwosh. Everybody knows the reason why GGG hasn't supposedly moved up from 160 is because he wants to unify all the belts, everybody's ducking, weight calling and ducking of other elites, nobody wants to fight him, blah blah the same rhetoric for the last 2 years. you can even search hundreds of direct quotes of me saying and knowing that GGG wants to unify all the belts or whatever that means in his insecure mind. I don't think you understand the nature of the point here. Seeing Lee's status now, I don'T even see GGG fighting Lee anymore, even though Lee, as long as he's 160 for the next year or so, will always be top 10 Southpaw. Is Korobov even top 10 anymore? I know Heiland is top 5. I'd like to see that bout.

The original bout agreement, for whatever articles you can find on it, aside from Ring, were all just fake crap. Any humble boxer would just tell the truth, so Lee wasn't disclosing something or it was just a rumor. In a year and half non of those two ever opened their mouths that they were going to fight, nor did you ever hear pressers from K2 or Sanchez that they wanted the WBO when Lee acquired it. They would prefer to see if Lee would lose it instead of facing an elite Southpaw and not risk their WBA.

Duck season from both sides.

Comment

Gennady's father died right after the deal was made. Gennady is half Korean and in that particular area of Kazahkstan the people are very fearful of the dead returning to life so they watch the body for 40 days.

It was a religious thing and Lee said he respected it and understood.

Comment

No no no, ''unifying the belts'' is general hogwosh. Everybody knows the reason why GGG hasn't supposedly moved up from 160 is because he wants to unify all the belts, everybody's ducking, weight calling and ducking of other elites, nobody wants to fight him, blah blah the same rhetoric for the last 2 years. you can even search hundreds of direct quotes of me saying and knowing that GGG wants to unify all the belts or whatever that means in his insecure mind. I don't think you understand the nature of the point here. Seeing Lee's status now, I don'T even see GGG fighting Lee anymore, even though Lee, as long as he's 160 for the next year or so, will always be top 10 Southpaw. Is Korobov even top 10 anymore? I know Heiland is top 5. I'd like to see that bout.

The original bout agreement, for whatever articles you can find on it, aside from Ring, were all just fake crap. Any humble boxer would just tell the truth, so Lee wasn't disclosing something or it was just a rumor. In a year and half non of those two ever opened their mouths that they were going to fight, nor did you ever hear pressers from K2 or Sanchez that they wanted the WBO when Lee acquired it. They would prefer to see if Lee would lose it instead of facing an elite Southpaw and not risk their WBA.

Duck season from both sides.
              they see me trollin'

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post
                Gennady's father died right after the deal was made. Gennady is half Korean and in that particular area of Kazahkstan the people are very fearful of the dead returning to life so they watch the body for 40 days.

that sounds almost as bad as watching a wlad fight

Comment

Originally posted by SouthPawHitman View Post

That's nice and all. Where the articles about this? Whether it be American or Euro-Eastern news I'd like to read it myself or how are people getting this information from? Like the links about Lee respecting his father's death so both camps just decided to ditch the idea and never speak of it again? Doesn't make any sense? I don't buy it. Especially when Lee instantly acquired the WBO I didn't see any reports from Loeffler's camp in the pressers wanting it. If it's so important to acquire the WBO and unify the belts, again, why didn't they prioritize on it and offer Lee subsantial money? If Loeffler said in 2015 that a "Lee bout" would be ideal then surely the DiBella and Haymon are non conflicting?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    that sounds almost as bad as watching a wlad fight
                    Oh wow that's a good one. Gennady's father dying of cancer is so funny hahaha lol lmao.

Comment

That's nice and all. Where the articles about this? Whether it be American or Euro-Eastern news I'd like to read it myself or how are people getting this information from? Like the links about Lee respecting his father's death so both camps just decided to ditch the idea and never speak of it again? Doesn't make any sense? I don't buy it. Especially when Lee instantly acquired the WBO I didn't see any reports from Loeffler's camp in the pressers wanting it. If it's so important to acquire the WBO and unify the belts, again, why didn't they prioritize on it and offer Lee subsantial money? If Loeffler said in 2015 that a "Lee bout" would be ideal then surely the DiBella and Haymon are non conflicting?
                      I would post some links but I don't know how.

Comment

Working...
                      X