Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you predicted all PBC fights so far?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
    All easy to predict. You want the next ones? Garcia in a shady looking win, and Quillin in a shady looking win.
    To be fair, I forgot about Quillen vs Lee which I cant call but in all reality, Lee only has a punchers chance, I think Kid Chocalate wins on cuts (tko) or UD

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
      yes, but to be fair, upsets are rare
      True when the odds are like 5 to 1 and higher, and those kinda fights shouldnt happen.

Comment

Yes and I'm going for Quillin and Garcia this weekend. Although I want Lee and Peterson to win.

Comment

Most people will claim they did but reading the posts prior it seemed like most people were going with their emotions because it seemed most people were picking Molina , Lopez & Guerrero to win but they all lost so now it's PBC is putting on nothing but mismatches.

At least HBO isn't doing that just the best fighting the best GGG/ Monroe and Canelo / (inactive) Kirkland can't wait

So many digital tears flowing because of Haymon and the PBC it might be time for these lames to pick a new sport

Comment

Im 10 for 12 lately.

Only ones i missed was bradley/chavez draw which i didnt really get wrong and cotto/martinez which i admit igot wrong.

So do i win?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Most people will claim they did but reading the posts prior it seemed like most people were going with their emotions because it seemed most people were picking Molina , Lopez & Guerrero to win but they all lost so now it's PBC is putting on nothing but mismatches.

At least HBO isn't doing that just the best fighting the best GGG/ Monroe and Canelo / (inactive) Kirkland can't wait

So many digital tears flowing because of Haymon and the PBC it might be time for these lames to pick a new sport
              I agree there are alot of emotional responses but if people can get passed their emotional thoughts and responses, I think the fights are pretty easy to call & its kinda easy to tell who Haymons favorite kids are.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                I agree there are alot of emotional responses but if people can get passed their emotional thoughts and responses, I think the fights are pretty easy to call & its kinda easy to tell who Haymons favorite kids are.
                Out of curiosity-have your predictions on the showtime and HBO fights this year been 100% correct?

Comment

Predicting a fight's outcome is fairly meaningless. You can ask ten random people on the street to pick a winner and odds are five of them will get it right.

Even betting odds aren't the best guide because sometimes a fighter will be so good he'll be a heavy favourite against everyone around him.

It's really about the levels of the guys involved in a match-up. That's the basis on which you make your judgements. How many top contenders face each other? How many top ten guys are thrown in with each other? And the how many fights are between guys who are levels apart?

That's what counts. The problem people have with Haymon is that despite all the chest-beating over their huge stable, his people don't seem to be able to put many of them together in competitive fights. When it does happen, it seems like the guys involved get 18-24 months off before they have to face a challenge again.

The flip-side to having bragging rights over how many fighters you control is that people will point out there are no obstacles to them fighting each other. When you won't make the best matches despite there being no obstacles, what are real fans of the sport supposed to say?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Predicting a fight's outcome is fairly meaningless. You can ask ten random people on the street to pick a winner and odds are five of them will get it right.

Even betting odds aren't the best guide because sometimes a fighter will be so good he'll be a heavy favourite against everyone around him.

It's really about the levels of the guys involved in a match-up. That's the basis on which you make your judgements. How many top contenders face each other? How many top ten guys are thrown in with each other? And the how many fights are between guys who are levels apart?

That's what counts. The problem people have with Haymon is that despite all the chest-beating over their huge stable, his people don't seem to be able to put many of them together in competitive fights. When it does happen, it seems like the guys involved get 18-24 months off before they have to face a challenge again.

The flip-side to having bragging rights over how many fighters you control is that people will point out there are no obstacles to them fighting each other. When you won't make the best matches despite there being no obstacles, what are real fans of the sport supposed to say?
                    Predicting boxing is a bit easier than almost Any other sport if you know boxing imo. Just following betting odds, you will prob get an 80-90 % success rate

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      The showcase fights will be for younger fighters/up and comers. that's the standard way to build a young fighter and I don't expect that to change .

As for showcase fights for established fighters-while I hope we see very few of these-if you look at how GGG is being showcased and marketed on HBO, its probable Haymon may do something similar with an Errol Spence.
                      Totally different with GGG. He's been having problems securing the best fights. Was scheduled to fight Pirog but Pirog got injured and pulled out. Was scheduled to fight Chavez jr but Chavez jr pulled out. Tried to get Sergio Martinez and failed. Has tried to get Cotto and failed. Among others. The difference is Haymon has strategic match making going on, so that his guy he wants to win most likely wins. GGG is a victim of not so great 160 division and a lack of willingness of the top names to fight him. Completely different.

I have no problem with showcasing young guys like Spence, that's normal, and those fights should be undercard fights on like Spike or B.E.T or whatever. My concern are the showcase fights for already established fighters like Stevenson, Broner and the likes. These guys should be ready to fight the best now. This is just the beginning of PBC, so we have a long ways to go. I'm merely expressing my concerns.

Comment

Working...
                      X