Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev vs Stevenson: Who has the better chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kovalev vs Stevenson: Who has the better chin?

vote and discuss with evidence to back up your choice either way.

thank you.

My belief is that this fight will happen once Hopkins retires after beating stevenson. Then kovalev and stevenson will fight for the vacant lineal throne.
    Kovalev
    61.11%
    Stevenson
    38.89%

I don't think we really know yet, but both have been put down hard. Stevenson far more recently. I picked Kovalev.

Comment

It's hard to tell. I'm not sure anyone knows the true answer but I would say Kovalev since Stevenson was stopped in the pros before. Kovalev seemed unphased by the few counters Agnew landed on Saturday.

If they ever fight, I believe both men have the power to stop each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Slider View Post
        I don't think we really know yet, but both have been put down hard. Stevenson far more recently. I picked Kovalev.
        I agree, don't think we really know... at least now. You can point out the Boone fight for both guys, but recently, their opponents have been pretty moot and haven't tested their chins

Comment

Hard to say. Can only go by common opponents which is hard hitting Boone. Both fought him twice. Obviously Stevenson got KOd by Boone the first time. Kovalev was knocked down against him in his first fight but won a decision. Both destroyed Boone early in the rematch.

I'd probably have to lean towards Kovalev just based on that limited Info.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever
            This thread cannot be serious. It's obvious Stevenson. Outside of Darnell Boone; Stevenson has fought the stiffer competition. There are hardly any notable opponents on Kovalev's resume. At least Stevenson has Chad Dawson and Tavoris Cloud on his resume. In contrast, there aren't any names even remotely close to those mentioned on Kovalev's resume.

Comment

This thread cannot be serious. It's obvious Stevenson. Outside of Darnell Boone; Stevenson has fought the stiffer competition. There are hardly any notable opponents on Kovalev's resume. At least Stevenson has Chad Dawson and Tavoris Cloud on his resume. In contrast, there aren't any names even remotely close to those mentioned on Kovalev's resume.
              Aaaaaand that proves Stevenson's chin is better how?

Let's not forget Dawson didn't even land a punch on Adonis, Cloud hardly did either.

Comment

How hasn't Kovalev had notable opponents? Campillo is probably the second best win between the two after Dawson.

And that has nothing to do with whose chin is better.

Comment

Darnell Boone chin checked both.
                  Stevenson got knocked out.
                  Kovalev got knocked down.

Comment

Part of what makes this fight so intriguing is that we don't know much about either of their chins.

I think we still need a few more fights to get an idea of how good/bad their chins are.

Don't forget that Kovalev got knocked out in the amateurs, and apparently lost to Golovkin in sparring.

Comment

Working...
                    X