No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: Amir Khan Looked Like The Same Guy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angel Garcia: Amir Khan Looked Like The Same Guy

Trainer Angel Garcia was not impressed by Amir Khan's victory from last Saturday night in Los Angeles. Garcia's son, WBA/WBC junior welterweight champion Danny Garcia, stopped Khan in four rounds in July. Khan (27-3, 19KOs) returned last weekend, with new trainer Virgil Hunter, and stopped Carlos Molina in ten rounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

I observed the same thing, Danny has his #.

Comment

I hate to say it but I agree with Angel..ugh Can't believe I just said that..but Amir and Virgil aren't bringing anything new to the table..he still vulnerable to looping shots and that's danny's bead and butter. It's going to take someone with a chin and patience to outbox Danny.

Comment

I think Khan has two main problems. Number 1 his defense is horrible. number 2 he compromises too much of his power to speed. If he were to sit down on his punches a little bit more he could probably get people out of there but he would have to seriously tighten up his defense.

Amir's movement looked different to me. He didn't bounce as much, but he was still moving around a lot.

Comment

Angel Garcia is right, he did look the same, however it is still early days.

Comment

thats cause he is. if virgil improves him, it'll be marginal only. khan is not the type of guy that will listen, and always revert back to his old ways when the going gets tough. everyone knows it...

Comment

His combination punching is great but he's wide open after every 10 punch combo. He'd be better working behind his jab and utilising his reach, sitting down on his shots more and tightening up his defence. And using his combo's less frequently, he'd be a more rounded fighter that way. Easier said then done!

He has all the the physical attributes to outbox anyone just not the brain!

Comment

As much as I can't stand Garcia's father, he speaking the truth. Khan still leaves himselves vulnerable after he throws. I see a Khan/Garcia rematch being more competitive but Khan get's KO'd again unless he can stopp Danny first.

Comment

Nothing but the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                    As much as I can't stand Garcia's father, he speaking the truth. Khan still leaves himselves vulnerable after he throws. I see a Khan/Garcia rematch being more competitive but Khan get's KO'd again unless he can stopp Danny first.
                    I feel he needs to get in and out of range quicker. Combo then move, combo then move.

Comment

Working...
                    X