No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Says Rios is on Pacquiao's List, Not Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    For the most part, onnly people who wouldn't want to see it are Pac lovers or Khan lovers/Bradley haters.

When I first watched the Pac-Bradley fight I had Manny winning close. Definitely didn't think it was a blowout but I hadn't scored it and it seemed there was a long stretch where Manny was in control. When things settled down and I watched it again, I was very surprised at what I saw. I've since seen it about 10 times and I have Bradley winning each time. There are 2-4 very close rounds and so I have no issues with a decision for either fighter. But a robbery? A blowout? Nonsense.
    When I watched it again I honestly expected to confirm my view that Manny had won by 3/4 clear rounds, at least. I never get too worked up over a decision until I've watched the fight again as it's so easy to miss things first time around, but I was really surprised that this one was so different.

The crucial difference was the quality of Manny's work. Bradley did a way better job of making him miss than I saw anyone give him credit for initially. Most of Manny's shots were glancing at best, and either blocked or wide the rest of the time.

So it changed the fight from one where Manny would work for 30-60 seconds and land the decisive shots, to one where Manny would do nothing for two minutes, then land some glancing blows in a few spurts of action before the bell sounded.

It also made you realise that Bradley was the one deciding the nature of the exchanges for the most part, and while he wasn't as effective as Marquez is controlling the ring, his gameplan was cut from a similar cloth.

If Bradley could punch, or had even taken a few more chances when he had Manny out of position, I think he would have gotten the UD. As it was, there were like you say 3-4 rounds in the fight that were a toss up. As such you can't argue with a close decision either way.

Comment

• poor Timmy...no more mega payday

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        When I watched it again I honestly expected to confirm my view that Manny had won by 3/4 clear rounds, at least. I never get too worked up over a decision until I've watched the fight again as it's so easy to miss things first time around, but I was really surprised that this one was so different.

The crucial difference was the quality of Manny's work. Bradley did a way better job of making him miss than I saw anyone give him credit for initially. Most of Manny's shots were glancing at best, and either blocked or wide the rest of the time.

So it changed the fight from one where Manny would work for 30-60 seconds and land the decisive shots, to one where Manny would do nothing for two minutes, then land some glancing blows in a few spurts of action before the bell sounded.

It also made you realise that Bradley was the one deciding the nature of the exchanges for the most part, and while he wasn't as effective as Marquez is controlling the ring, his gameplan was cut from a similar cloth.

If Bradley could punch, or had even taken a few more chances when he had Manny out of position, I think he would have gotten the UD. As it was, there were like you say 3-4 rounds in the fight that were a toss up. As such you can't argue with a close decision either way.
        The bold, we literally saw the same fight. It actually reminded me of Whitaker-DLH at times, DLH would fight in spurts, miss big/ or land glancing shots and the crowd would go nuts, it made for some good highlights though

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
          poor Timmy...no more mega payday
          That's alright though... he got the first 5 mill.

He's good to go, comfortable... and he can still make a million plus going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

He's good to go, comfortable... and he can still make a million plus going forward.
            Nice change from flying out to fight Junior Witter with $11 in the bank.

Comment

Dudes act like Bradley's been on the shelf for three years collecting government assistance. He already got the mega payday and he won the fight and he took home the belt. I think he's doing just fine.

Comment

• God I hope not, WTF is the point of watching Pac destroy Rios? Arum is the worst thing that ever happened to boxing, I can't wait until he retires.

Comment

well i thought he would at least get a rematch...maybe even milk out a trilogy since TR is into recycled fights

one and done? gotta hurt a lil bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                    Nice change from flying out to fight Junior Witter with $11 in the bank.
                    Thats all that matters huh? Being known as the fighter who took a gift win when the whole world knows he lost is an embarrassment . hehe Forget pride!

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      well i thought he would at least get a rematch...maybe even milk out a trilogy since TR is into recycled fights

one and done? gotta hurt a lil bit
                      Only if he's set to retire. Or if he had lost that one. I think Bradley will be fine. He just fought in June - when he reaches Ike Quartey status then we can sound the alarm.

Comment

Working...
                      X