Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did filipinos disown brian viloria to claim donaire???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
    once again..what does claiming heritage have anything to do with anything??? Viloria is a fullblooded filipino regardless. Filipinos have jumped on the coattails of guys like tim lincecum who's only 1/4 filipino and has never openly claimed filipino heritage...just passing references when asked.

So you're saying they're proud of half and quarter filipinos because they claim it while disrgarding full blooded ones as phonies because they dont talk about it. Ok.....
    Man who cares if Viloria is full blooded! the guy was never proud of his roots that is the point, someone can be a quarter filipino and be more filipino. As far as Tim Lincecum I never knew hew as Filipino that guy looks like a white hill billy.

But he is in San Francisco a lot of filipinos there so someone probably leaked the info out and so of course those filipino giant fans will embrace him.

But Viloria is Hawaiian, like I said you wouldn't even know he was Filipino if Pacquiao never came along that guy never mentioned it he was a big time Hawaiian pride guy. came to the ring with a grass skirt and hawaiian shirt and did the hula. He is not Filipino Punch he is Hawaiian punch.

It works the same way for other countries who are proud like Mexicans and puerto ricans. they call out guys who are fake

Comment

This guy is more loved by filipinos than donaire and viloria and he is only half and doesn't even speak the language

Comment

can't believe donaire and villoria fought at one point, wonder how a match could be made to do it again

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          This guy is more loved by filipinos than donaire and viloria and he is only half and doesn't even speak the language
          both fighter speak the filipino language very fluently, even they can't hide it with their american accent. villoria knows his native tongue in ilocos, same with donaire also came from gen. santos city

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
            both fighter speak the filipino language very fluently, even they can't hide it with their american accent. villoria knows his native tongue in ilocos, same with donaire also came from gen. santos city
            When did I say Viloria and donaire never spoke the language? I said Batista doesn't even speak the language. Learn reading comprehension bro.

Comment

"THE FIGHT is close to Viloria's heart. He knows all about being forced to choose sides. Some in the Philippines questioned why Viloria chose now to become Filipino, whether he was simply trying to cash in on a people desperate for heroes. Viloria put an end to that speculation in his home town, where cried in front of a gathering in his honor while defending his heritage.

"How can I say I'm not Filipino when I look in the mirror every day and see a Filipino boy?" Viloria said in a 12-minute speech. "Filipinos see me as American and Americans see me as Filipino. Someday the world is going to get past that and it's not going to matter."

http://archives.starbulletin.com/200...s/story02.html

Comment

When did I say Viloria and donaire never spoke the language? I said Batista doesn't even speak the language. Learn reading comprehension bro.
                right, my bad. nah, as far as i know batista has some filipino blood (father side) but does not know the language, he's been to the philippines to promote some of his fights, aside from a few words, he knows nothing. batista is almost a household name, but donaire & villoria are much talked about in the philippines

Comment

See this goes right along with what im saying. Public opinion is largely driven by media. Just as viloria is viewed less favorably than donaire becausr of the media coverage or lack of by filipino media.

Talk about cashingg in on ethnicity...batista is like 1/8th filipino. But dude got a tattoo of the flag and started saying how much he loved pacquiao and the filipino media ate it up.

But I can tell you that this guy:
                  is half filipino, born in the philippines, speaks 2dialects fluently, and is the translator for the wwe when in the country...yet noone in the country gives 2****s because he never "claimed" filipino heritage when interviewed.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    See this goes right along with what im saying. Public opinion is largely driven by media. Just as viloria is viewed less favorably than donaire becausr of the media coverage or lack of by filipino media.

Talk about cashingg in on ethnicity...batista is like 1/8th filipino. But dude got a tattoo of the flag and started saying how much he loved pacquiao and the filipino media ate it up.

But I can tell you that this guy:
                    is half filipino, born in the philippines, speaks 2dialects fluently, and is the translator for the wwe when in the country...yet noone in the country gives 2****s because he never "claimed" filipino heritage when interviewed.
                    Is that Kane?
                    All I know is Undertaker walked him out once
                    Last edited by Hougigo; 11-30-2012, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                      Is that Kane?
                      Yes it is. And I know this because I know him personally.

Comment

Working...
                      X