No announcement yet.

Kellerman destroys Merchant in Commentating

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kellerman destroys Merchant in Commentating

It is time for Larry Merchant to retire, he doesn't have the eye and vision anymore. He thought Dawson was dropped by a body punch and that Dawson was KO'ed by a punch to the neck. Kellerman and Lampley had to correct him twice. Also, the Ward feet movement and athlete anticipation segment was entertaining but Kellerman one-upped the old man with the brain processing comment later on in the fight.

I really hope Merchant watches a reply of Ward vs Dawson so that he realizes that he doesn't have it anymore.

Lay off Larry, I hear they've got some hella strong liqour in Oakland.

Comment

ive been watching fights on boxing hation. i like the english guys especially when there is no british fighter involved. they call it like it is & nothing is bias

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
        Lay off Larry, I hear they've got some hella strong liqour in Oakland.
        Crack is whack.

Comment

It seems HBO gave Kellerman the mic tonight and even Lampley was in the back seat. It almost seemed as if HBO wants people to get more used to hearing Max and grooming him to take over in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
            It seems HBO gave Kellerman the mic tonight and even Lampley was in the back seat. It almost seemed as if HBO wants people to get more used to hearing Max and grooming him to take over in the future.
            Well they are grooming Kellerman for the future.

That's the reason he was brought along in the firstplace.He's the heir apparent to Merchant.

Comment

The hbo crew was great tonight! Too bad they can't be like that during pacquiao fights smh

Comment

Originally posted by catalinul View Post
                Well they are grooming Kellerman for the future.

That's the reason he was brought along in the firstplace.He's the heir apparent to Merchant.
                No doubt about the succession plan, but grooming time is over, it's been over 5 years since he started with HBO. Last night, Larry tried his best to outwit and out analyze Kellerman, but he was too slow and and could not see the punches coming and going. He is way past prime and it's time for him to go.

Comment

I still like Larry... I don't think he did such a bad job at all.

Comment

He just needs to come in small doses and everything will be fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X