• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps this will help.

Why Women Live Longer Than Men
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=530231

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
      You're still young though. Our bodies can handle abuse up until a certain age. But there comes a point when it catches up with you.

Having said that, there are a few people who abuse their bodies for years and still enjoy long lives. They usually look pretty bad though.
      I'll be 28 in June and I have smoked since I was about 15ish. I should look old as **** and I am surprisingly extremely healthy. I'm a freak of nature perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by *Boss Lady* View Post
        I'll be 28 in June and I have smoked since I was about 15ish. I should look old as **** and I am surprisingly extremely healthy. I'm a freak of nature perhaps?
        no kidding with skin as soft as butter

Comment

Genes can only halt the appearance of abuse on your body for so long.

Even freaks of nature like Bernard Hopkins, who's gifted with great genes, actually doesn't drink or smoke and hasn't for a long time I bet. Boxing at the top level at age 47.

You enjoy the lifestyle you live now, but probably at 47 you'll look 67.

Comment

Way to burst my bubble Kev!

I'm behaving, I haven't been drinking as much and I really don't drink all that often. My dirty habit is smoking, I will (and I'm trying, I swear) give it up.

Comment

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
              In general, men do more physical labour. But I'm not sure if that is the reason men die younger. A lot of men who work as tradesmen tend to drink more I think, so that could contribute to it. Women are now drinking and smoking a lot more, so perhaps things could get closer as the years go on.

I do actually think women have tougher lives though, when everything is added up. They go through all sorts of stuff we never have to go through, like being judged by other women all the time.
              ^humor?
              lol i will take being judged over hauling 50-100 lb spools of wire out of trucks and up stairs for hours a day and many days a week. and i know which one break you down faster. i went to school for a reason. you cannot do that forever.

and on the drinking, 100%. many in the trades take horrible care of themselves in general. plenty of women take poor care of themselves as well, but i'd say they generally do a bit better than men.

we can agree to disagree, which is fine

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                ^humor?
                lol i will take being judged over hauling 50-100 lb spools of wire out of trucks and up stairs for hours a day and many days a week. and i know which one break you down faster. i went to school for a reason. you cannot do that forever.

and on the drinking, 100%. many in the trades take horrible care of themselves in general. plenty of women take poor care of themselves as well, but i'd say they generally do a bit better than men.

we can agree to disagree, which is fine
                In all seriousness, I do think we have more stress. Women are natural worriers. Stress takes its toll on your health. I am not saying the things we stress over make sense or are even rational at times, but we still feel it intensely nonetheless.

Comment

In all seriousness, I do think we have more stress. Women are natural worriers. Stress takes its toll on your health. I am not saying the things we stress over make sense or are even rational at times, but we still feel it intensely nonetheless.

perhaps. it's amazing what people (both men and women,) find important enough to worry about

i'd also consider the possibility that you might perceive women as worrying more than men because they're more likely to talk about it.

crazy as it might sound, worrying might appear to be a sign of weakness in oneself or other men, and not as often discussed.

curiously, what is it that you worry about most often?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    perhaps. it's amazing what people (both men and women,) find important enough to worry about

i'd also consider the possibility that you might perceive women as worrying more than men because they're more likely to talk about it.

crazy as it might sound, worrying might appear to be a sign of weakness in oneself or other men, and not as often discussed.

curiously, what is it that you worry about most often?
                    I think that women often oversee the household, and care for the family and are now the breadwinners along with their partner, while most women still keep a lot of the traditional family roles as well. It is stressful.

Well, for me, I raise two children plus I am the sole provider for my household, so you name it, and I am stressing out about it

Comment

I don't know how I don't look about 60. I have smoked for years and have over indulged in alcohol many times. Must be genetics.

We live longer cause we nag you to death.
                      Your lungs are black as tar.

Comment

Working...
                      X