Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Tyson's pick for Klitschko-Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Mike is off by about 5-6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry A View Post
      Thanks Surgeon for getting this thread back on track. Personally, I like it that us fellas here in the History section keep things professional. At least most of the time. I like kidding around as much as anybody & a good spirited debate is always fun. But I really don't care for some of the goofing around posts that frequently litter these threads. That's for the kiddies to do. Anyway, good job in getting the thread righted!
      Thanks Terry, im just so fed up of the NSB fanboys that The History section has become my haven! I learn here rather than get bombarded with PBF/Pac drivel and childsh insults. But thanks to ur good self bringing that up about Haye's sexuality ive now learned Panama Al Brown was Gay, everydays a school day in this section!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I think Mike is off by about 5-6 rounds.
        I agree. Wladimir is a very deliberate fighter, and he'll be cautious of Haye's power early. Plus he probably wants to punish him for awhile. Of course if Haye proves to have no chin, he could go out the first time he gets hit solidly.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          I agree. Wladimir is a very deliberate fighter, and he'll be cautious of Haye's power early. Plus he probably wants to punish him for awhile. Of course if Haye proves to have no chin, he could go out the first time he gets hit solidly.
          Do you think Haye will try and force the fight though? I honestly don't.

If I were him I would take advatange of the fact Wlad doesn't tend to open up early but then again he will throw the right hand early and can hurt you early I.e Eddie Chambers. But taking that risk is his bestr chance but I don't think he will. I think he will waste the first few rounds like he did in the Harrison fight.

But, I think Haye thinks he can box him with from a distance throwing 1 punch at a time (something he tends to do quite often even against the likes of Harrison and Ruiz) and if he does he is gravely mistaken.

Comment

i wouldn't want to be Haye's face in this one

he's probably gonna leave the ring looking very different.

i think wlad will take his time like he always does
            work the jab and almost nothing else for 4 rounds

haye's not going to throw much back anyway, and i think steward will have wlad well ready to deal with the one or two shots at a time that are coming at him

when haye gets close wlad's going to drape himself over haye's shoulders and make him carry his weight while he walks him to the ropes
            haye's gonna wear him like a scarf. they are different animals in terms of strength in clinches. haye's barely a HW and wladimir is one of the biggest champions ever.

i think at about round 5 klitschko will start to land the right hand and cut the ring off a bit more to get him in range
            and then i think it will be a matter of a few rounds if that before haye goes down and doesn't get back up.

haye's power will make it interesting for the first few rounds before he figures out what he's up against and begins to break down

klitschko kayo in less than 8

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Do you think Haye will try and force the fight though? I honestly don't.

If I were him I would take advatange of the fact Wlad doesn't tend to open up early but then again he will throw the right hand early and can hurt you early I.e Eddie Chambers. But taking that risk is his bestr chance but I don't think he will. I think he will waste the first few rounds like he did in the Harrison fight.

But, I think Haye thinks he can box him with from a distance throwing 1 punch at a time (something he tends to do quite often even against the likes of Harrison and Ruiz) and if he does he is gravely mistaken.

Yeah, I mostly agree. Haye is going to try to be elusive annd catch Wladimir with one big shot. He seems to have a lot of confidence in his power.

IMO, I think the best way to fight Wladimir is to force him to exchange. WK is uncomfortable doing that. He likes to dictate the action. Believe it or not, I'd give Adamek a better chance to beat Wladimir because he likes mixing it up. And conversely I would give Haye a better chance against Vitali because he has the speed and athleticism to make Vitali feel his age.

Comment

Working...
              X