Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is bodybuilding the ideal self defense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It might put off people that aren't really hard or out to hurt someone, but people that can fight and are really hard aren't going to be put off just because someone is big. Also, guys who are that muscle bound aren't usually very handy in fights, sure if they pin you down or grab you you might be in trouble, but they are usually quite slow, a lot of people are just too fast for them.

A good boxer might not be as huge as a bodybuilder, but they usually have the sort of hard, quiet look about them which lets people know that they can fight. Guys who have been in lots of fights will know what I mean. The hardest people and best fighters are usually quiet guys, and many of them are pretty small.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      No, MMA is.

Takedown>Anything else, even a tank.

like if a tank was coming at you firing off rockets, and you got some mma training.

Takedown, submission = fight over.
      And the u get kicked in the head by the guys friend. u cant wrestle around on the ground in a real fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Double Jab View Post
        good point, these things slip my mind.

Yeah I'm just thinking the intimidation factor. The before the fight even begins kind of thing. Otherwise Mariuz Pudzianowski would be an MMA Champ.
        Yeah, like it might intimidate most people for sure. Most people are very easily intimidated. But someone who is actually hard, or a trained fighter, is not going to give people respect and fear them because of size.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
          It might put off people that aren't really hard or out to hurt someone, but people that can fight and are really hard aren't going to be put off just because someone is big. Also, guys who are that muscle bound aren't usually very handy in fights, sure if they pin you down or grab you you might be in trouble, but they are usually quite slow, a lot of people are just too fast for them.

A good boxer might not be as huge as a bodybuilder, but they usually have the sort of hard, quiet look about them which lets people know that they can fight. Guys who have been in lots of fights will know what I mean. The hardest people and best fighters are usually quiet guys, and many of them are pretty small.
          yeah, but its a catch 22 because those guys never start fights, like i say the people who do are usually not hard at all, and just trying to intimidate people they know wont do anything to make themselves look hard.

they wont try that on a guy bigger than them, they are bullies, bullies pick on small, weak people

Comment

Are we talking about intimidation, TS?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik. View Post
              And the u get kicked in the head by the guys friend. u cant wrestle around on the ground in a real fight...
              did you read the post?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik. View Post
                I would never go to the ground in a streetfight, you might wail on the guy you have down, but you are so vulnerable to other guys. And some people just don't give a ****, they will kick you, stomp you, hit you with bars, some people just don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
                  yeah, but its a catch 22 because those guys never start fights, like i say the people who do are usually not hard at all, and just trying to intimidate people they know wont do anything to make themselves look hard.

they wont try that on a guy bigger than them, they are bullies, bullies pick on small, weak people
                  I pick on bullies.

Comment

Ok, just read some of the other posts.

Well, if you want to intimidate someone it's real easy.

Be impossible to read.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                      I would never go to the ground in a streetfight, you might wail on the guy you have down, but you are so vulnerable to other guys. And some people just don't give a ****, they will kick you, stomp you, hit you with bars, some people just don't care.
                      you guys are trying to argue with a post about an mma fighter taking down and submitting a TANK!

Comment

Working...
                      X