Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuvalo's say's His mangers life was threatend if he won against Terrell.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuvalo's say's His mangers life was threatend if he won against Terrell.

Was just watching an interview with Chuvalo. He said Ernie Terrell manager threatened to kill his manager if Chuvalo won the fight. That created a Terrell Ali match up. And according to Chuvalo Terrell's manger threatend Ali's manger the same way. But he sent some black Muslims to deal with Bernie Klickman who was Terrell's manager and he ended up in a mental institution till he died.Thats how the first Chuvalo vs Ali fight was made. How often do you think things like that happen? I don't know many stories of peoples lives getting threatend to throw fights?

Last edited by Holtol; 12-30-2010, 06:41 AM.

Originally posted by Holtol View Post
    Was just watching an interview with Chuvalo. He said Ernie Terrell manager threatened to kill his manager if Chuvalo won the fight. That created a Terrell Ali match up. And according to Chuvalo Terrell's manger threatend Ali's manger the same way. But he sent some black Muslims to deal with Bernie Klickman who was Terrell's manager and he has been in a mental institution ever since.Thats how the first Chuvalo vs Ali fight was made. How often do you think things like that happen? I don't know many stories of peoples lives getting threatend to throw fights?
    someone who threatens to kill people belongs in a psychiatry anyway.
    he should have known that threatening others can end up bloody, his own fault.

Comment

Liston was told similar things if he beat Ali in the rematch. Even Ali got threatening phone calls and had police and security guards following him when he trained for the Lewiston fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Great John L View Post
        Liston was told similar things if he beat Ali in the rematch. Even Ali got threatening phone calls and had police and security guards following him when he trained for the Lewiston fight.
        I read the book "The Devil And Sonny Liston" but it was a long time ago I can't remember the details very well. I remember him in the book having friends with some crooked people. But like you say it was like that both ways in that fight.

Comment

I just finished reading yesterday this Liston book called

Sonny Liston: His Life, strife, and the phantom punch. By Rob Steen.

It's a really good book, and it goes prtty in depth to Sonny's relation to mobsters and crooked people like Moe Dalitz who threatened to kill Liston.

Comment

In recent times Sergio Medina vs Juanma Lopez

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              In recent times Sergio Medina vs Juanma Lopez
              I did not hear about that. Who's life was threatend? Pretty sad that the sport is like that I don't know if you can't really blame the judges the way they score some fights when you hear about things of that nature.

Comment

Working...
              X