Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you get your nose broken much in Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cant play boxing. You will get hit and it will hurt, ive broken my nose but im lucky in that you couldnt tell.

Comment

I never broke my nose boxing sparring, but it was bloodied a few times.

I actually cracked the bone in it once, but didn't fully break it. We were doing takedown drills. Me and another guy's heads collided. We both heard the 'crack' it made. It didn't hurt, but my instructor told me to stop and not to spar or do takedowns for a couple weeks so it wouldn't fully break and it could heal up.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
        That means you dont spar enough or only spar with people below your level
        Nah, it means I am a savvy defensive fighter with quick reflexes.

My trainer doesn't take it easy on anyone, you will spar better fighters, and bigger fighters regularly, and when you do spar someone of a lower level he handicaps you (only jabs, etc).

I've been boxing for a long time, it has nothing to do with a lack of exposure, it's called being defensively proficient

Comment

You came to the right place, my advice wear head gear it will protect your nose from injury

Ali always wore head gear and look at him he has a beautiful face
          Last edited by AlexKid; 02-16-2017, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
            I got my nose busted, it's slightly crooked but not noticeable unless I tell you. It didn't hur, didn't even really feel it, just bleed a bit.

My trainer st the time wanted ke to spar the next day, started giving me thst whole , back in my country bs, he was Mexican, ya I went and found a new trainer, never got my nose fixed.

Always had suspicions it was hampering my breathing in the ring, but I smoke and did drugs at the time so I who knows...
            Was this back in nyc addix? I know you went upstate right?

Comment

Originally posted by {Pito} View Post
              Was this back in nyc addix? I know you went upstate right?
              It was at kingsway boxing on 26th street. Good gym for just training, I wouldn't recommend any serious boxers to go there though.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                It was at kingsway boxing on 26th street. Good gym for just training, I wouldn't recommend any serious boxers to go there though.
                Yea man, that spot closed down....bathrooms were ****ing filthy, went there couple times a while back for some sparring...forgot the ladies name at the desk but she seemed like a b!tch

Comment

Originally posted by {Pito} View Post
                  Yea man, that spot closed down....bathrooms were ****ing filthy, went there couple times a while back for some sparring...forgot the ladies name at the desk but she seemed like a b!tch
                  She was the the wife of the husband who originally owned it. I didn't care for her, she didn't Know how to run a boxing gym and she only cared about the corporate clients who just wanted to lose weight and pretend to box.

Kingsway, Mendez, and fight house were all within 3 blocks of one another so there was a lot of competition, Mendez was the Only serious boxing gym so I knew they would outlast the others, was too small for me though.

Comment

I've had a broken nose once and 5-10 bloody noses. I sparred with pretty competitive guys though. One guy went to the nationals for the olympic try outs in 2008 and another currently has a 21-3 record as a pro

Comment

Iv had my nose broke 4 times over a 12-16 year period while boxing.
                      And that really is not that much.
                      i dont have a crooked nose or busted up nose tho, each time it was broke,a trainer or myself would set it straight back, if you dont do that while the adrenaline is still running and its freshly broken then you have to wait to get it re-set in the hospital or somewhere.

I had my nose broke in the semi finals of the national's and still fought the final (although i did get stopped in the 3rd after my nose didnt hold up ha).

I had my nose broke by an MMA fighter 2 during a sparring session. I got 2 comfortable in picking off his wild swinging hooks and then he caught me with one of them and crack, but just had the trainer yank it back into place.

I did have an operation on my nose once to fix it up after a few broken noses, after that no matter how hard i got hit my nose wouldn't even bleed let alone break.

Its all part of it sure ha

Comment

Working...
                      X