Comments Thread For: Timothy Bradley Eyes Rios if No Pacquiao or Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
    Tim bradley is so overrated on here that its borderline nauseating
    Yeah Bradley is so overrated Maidana faked a back injury twice to get out of fighting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
      Come on do you guys really think that rios is ducking? **** he's probably on the phone begging arum for this fight against a feather fisted bradley, this is a joke Rios would spank that ass. No way in he'll bradley wants to exchange with rios, he'll be running all 12.
      Rios already said he has no interest in fighting Bradley. He better stay ducking or bradley gonna play the drums on his head.

Comment

Marquez should stay away from Bradley.

1. He brings relatively no money/fanbase compared to a fight with Pacquiao or Rios.

2. Marquez loses that fight.

Now Bradley is a fighter who would be a good fight for guys like Garcia, Matthysse, Khan, Guerrero, Alexander, Berto. Or guys who are PPV attractions on their own like Mayweather and Pacquiao.

A fight with Rios is the best fight for Marquez right now. It's highly winnable, decent pay, Rios is undefeated; that always looks good on a boxers resume. Marquez could then just retire right after. He's done what he wanted, Rios is just a farewell fight.

Comment

I said it when he signed it, and i'll say it again. Bradley did the dumbest move when he signed to Top Rank.

Okay, he got two names on his resume, Casamayor and Pacquiao. Also two very good paydays for him and his family. Good for him.

Now what?

GBP/Haymon fighters that Bradley can't fight because of promotional differences: Mayweather, Garcia, Matthysse, Guerrero, Ortiz, Khan, Alexander II, Berto, Maidana, Malignaggi, Soto.

Bradley's options: Pacquiao II, Marquez, Rios[neither of these 3 are interested form what i've heard], Alvarado, Jones, Vargas, [Can I stop now?].

Weak options.

Comment

Bradley is going to beat Rios, I think he makes Rios look like a punching bag. He sure ain't gonna take the Alvaredo route

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              I said it when he signed it, and i'll say it again. Bradley did the dumbest move when he signed to Top Rank.

Okay, he got two names on his resume, Casamayor and Pacquiao. Also two very good paydays for him and his family. Good for him.

Now what?

GBP/Haymon fighters that Bradley can't fight because of promotional differences: Mayweather, Garcia, Matthysse, Guerrero, Ortiz, Khan, Alexander II, Berto, Maidana, Malignaggi, Soto.

Bradley's options: Pacquiao II, Marquez, Rios[neither of these 3 are interested form what i've heard], Alvarado, Jones, Vargas, [Can I stop now?].

Weak options.
              True...he messed up big time looking at the short term perks instead of long term...None of those matchups look good.

He should've either signed with GBP or maybe DiBella Entertainment and he most likely had the chance to be more active...I believe he should've fought Amir Khan before going to Top Rank. Now that fight will never happen.

As far as a Bradley-Rios fight, I favor Bradley regardless of if it's at 140 or 147

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                Marquez should stay away from Bradley.

1. He brings relatively no money/fanbase compared to a fight with Pacquiao or Rios.

2. Marquez loses that fight.

Now Bradley is a fighter who would be a good fight for guys like Garcia, Matthysse, Khan, Guerrero, Alexander, Berto. Or guys who are PPV attractions on their own like Mayweather and Pacquiao.

A fight with Rios is the best fight for Marquez right now. It's highly winnable, decent pay, Rios is undefeated; that always looks good on a boxers resume. Marquez could then just retire right after. He's done what he wanted, Rios is just a farewell fight.
                This is exactly what I'm thinking.

Comment

Bradley wants to fight the best from 140-147 huh? Then why did he duck Guerrero like a punk? Also, if he doesn't want to waste prime years then why didn't he put a whoopin' on Peterson for a 2 mill payday, cuz this dude is a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by BIGLEX View Post
                    Bradley wants to fight the best from 140-147 huh? Then why did he duck Guerrero like a punk? Also, if he doesn't want to waste prime years then why didn't he put a whoopin' on Peterson for a 2 mill payday, cuz this dude is a joke!
                    He has already beat Peterson with ease. You really putting Goldenboy and Top Rank not being able to make a fight together on Bradley?

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                      alvarado can crack tho , something bradley is not known for..im not even gonna compare their skills coz bradley clearly has it hands down but if youre not hurtin rios , aint no way your stopping him...i culd see a wide decison win for braldey too no doubt but stopping him ?..no way in hell he does does that..
                      Bradley can pop too his power is odd, I've seen him wobble almost everyone he has faced at some point in the fights. He hurt Abregu who had the ropes hold him up, dropped Peterson, Casamayor, hurt Alexander, dropped Witter, hurt Cherry.

He just doesn't KO guys but he has power. If he lands 100 or so punches on you, you are gonna be messed up pretty good. Rios is a virtual punching bag who blocks punches with his face.

Comment

Working...
                      X