Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kessler: Ward Has No Guts, I'll Fight Him in The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    For the fans Ward would move up to LH, but he isn't going to. He's going to stay at 168 so who is he supposed to fight?
    Umm...actually,if he stays at SMW,what does it matter? I'm sure he will move up divisions in time.He is still young and early into his career...even if he has already accomplished more in his career than most,he is still young into his career and can move up in weight with time. I believe he is one of those fighters who people will always complain about his opposition because he makes them look ordinary and he is leagues above them.

If he moves up to LHW who should he fight???? Pascal??? Cloud (may as well fight Pavlik-same style)...we all know Hopkins and him are not going to fight as Bernard has said this.Is the LHW division really any deeper than the SMW division that Ward has fairly easily dominated??????

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      Where was Vitali-Arreola staged?
      yeah and how long ago was that
      and where were his last few fights and where will his next few be
      thank you for playing

Comment

Kessler doesn't have a choice. He got his a$$ whooped already. He doesnt have ANY leverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          I didnt know that Kessler beat both Froch and Dawson!@
          thanks for the insight Batt

I guess what Batt is saying is that it was ok for Kessler to fight Froch (the champion) in Denmark,but not ok for Kessler (the champ at the time)to fight Ward in Oakland...odd .Even more hilarious is if he assumed that Kessler would EVER beat Ward.....

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            The reason this is an issue is because Ward signed up to a tournament as a non-title holder where every fighter agreed to fight home and away.

He then pulled a fast one and was the only fighter not to fight in his opponent's backyard.
            I totally agree with you on that and when he pulled that mikey mouse sh it I was pissed and I called bulll sh it.
            but that was then and this is now
            now all roads lead to him and he calls the shots

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
              I guess what Batt is saying is that it was ok for Kessler to fight Froch (the champion) in Denmark,but not ok for Kessler (the champ at the time)to fight Ward in Oakland...odd .Even more hilarious is if he assumed that Kessler would EVER beat Ward.....
              yeh and i agree but that was then this is now.
              the euros still crying over spilt milk
              I got over the az kicking that Lewis handed tyson
              come on man

Comment

At this point its too many miles on Kessler to be any more effective then he was the 1st time imo......

Comment

Ward needs to step out of his comfort zone or end up like Martinez..spectacular fighter with limited star power. It's time for wards folks to really put him on some bigger stages and they'd love him in europe so why not? Plus with the conversion rates being what they are..fighting in europe is where the money is at right now.

Comment

Originally posted by damned1974 View Post
                    Umm...actually,if he stays at SMW,what does it matter? I'm sure he will move up divisions in time.He is still young and early into his career...even if he has already accomplished more in his career than most,he is still young into his career and can move up in weight with time. I believe he is one of those fighters who people will always complain about his opposition because he makes them look ordinary and he is leagues above them.

If he moves up to LHW who should he fight???? Pascal??? Cloud (may as well fight Pavlik-same style)...we all know Hopkins and him are not going to fight as Bernard has said this.Is the LHW division really any deeper than the SMW division that Ward has fairly easily dominated??????
                    Answer the question, if he stays at 168 (probable), who is he supposed to fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      yeh and i agree but that was then this is now.
                      the euros still crying over spilt milk
                      I got over the az kicking that Lewis handed tyson
                      come on man
                      I just find it hard to complain about Kessler giving Ward a shot at his own belt in Ward's backyard when Kessler himself ended up getting that same type of opportunity from Froch (the former WBC champ) in Kessler's backyard.

I would have sort of liked to see Ward have a fight in Europe,but would it have resulted any differently? Nope,probably not unless their was some Ottke type officiating.
                      At any rate,it was a better career move for him to stay in the States and let the likes of Showtime and HBO get a good feel and exposure from Ward. In America,there are people not native to the States who flourish (think of guys like Chavez, Pacquiao, Martinez,etc) and they have no problem wanting to seek fame from the giants like HBO in America...yet for Kessler and his fans it seems to be some issue and reason to complain.

Comment

Working...
                      X