No announcement yet.

Robeisi Ramirez and Top Rank Nearing a Multi-Fight Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by john l View Post
    OK I got you now.They must figure Nitkin cant even be protected long enough to build this up, and from what I've seen I gotta agree.What you think of this kid Ramirez?
    I heard he’s got a bad drinking problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      It’s being reported, Inoue and Arum have a deal in place following the WBSS.

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=814968

Benson isn’t that credible of a source though.
      Thx Goat I did see that yesterday when I googed it.I think it was Boxing 24-7 but it had no quotes.Also seen story story today.Gotta admit I was surprised to see Arum signing another Cuban after Rigo f@#ked up his money guy in Donaire.He did everything he could to sh it on Rigo after that.Cuban's don't have much of a fanbsase outside S Florida and their style for most point is not exciting to the casuals.Me personally I LOVE very good tech fighters and believe most of time the best PFP fighter is the best defensive fighter.I really liked this kid from the 1st time I seen him and thought he was the best AM in the world so i really look forward to seeing him progress as a pro.Enjoy the fights this weekend bro.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        I heard he’s got a bad drinking problem.
        That's makes sense on why they are rushing this fight.Thx enjoy fights this week end.

Comment

Thx Goat I did see that yesterday when I googed it.I think it was Boxing 24-7 but it had no quotes.Also seen story story today.Gotta admit I was surprised to see Arum signing another Cuban after Rigo f@#ked up his money guy in Donaire.He did everything he could to sh it on Rigo after that.Cuban's don't have much of a fanbsase outside S Florida and their style for most point is not exciting to the casuals.Me personally I LOVE very good tech fighters and believe most of time the best PFP fighter is the best defensive fighter.I really liked this kid from the 1st time I seen him and thought he was the best AM in the world so i really look forward to seeing him progress as a pro.Enjoy the fights this weekend bro.
          Yeah this kid has the potential to be something special, probably the most excited I’ve been for an amateur turning over since Loma.

And back at you man, not the best weekend of action but there’s a couple of fights worth watching.

Comment

I don’t think Ramirez will fight at 126. He seems to make 54 kg pretty easily. I think he’ll be a bantamweight
            Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Thank you!!! This is what I've been saying. Dude is by no means a FW, definitely more of a BW if anything. If not, then a 122 pounder.

But let's get the Ramirez vs Inoue train rolling for late 2020!!!
            Out Bob arums own mouth today. He's a featherweight.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...signs-top-rank

"What a gift to sign a two-time Olympic gold medalist like Robeisy Ramirez," said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, who held a ceremonial signing with Ramirez on Friday afternoon in Kissimmee, Florida. "The last two-time gold medalist that we signed out of the amateurs, Vasiliy Lomachenko, has become a big star. We anticipate the same from Robeisy."

Ramirez will campaign professionally as a featherweight, Arum said.

"He is truly a special talent, and he has what it takes to get to the top of the featherweight division in short order," Arum said
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 05-25-2019, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

"What a gift to sign a two-time Olympic gold medalist like Robeisy Ramirez," said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum, who held a ceremonial signing with Ramirez on Friday afternoon in Kissimmee, Florida. "The last two-time gold medalist that we signed out of the amateurs, Vasiliy Lomachenko, has become a big star. We anticipate the same from Robeisy."

"He is truly a special talent, and he has what it takes to get to the top of the featherweight division in short order," Arum said
              I hope this is due to Ramirez actually being a natural FW now and not because Arum wants him to fight at that weight class. I mean I guess it's possible that from three years ago he has over grown the 122 weight division, but may be more that Arum thinks there are bigger fights at 126.

Comment

Yeah this kid has the potential to be something special, probably the most excited I’ve been for an amateur turning over since Loma.

And back at you man, not the best weekend of action but there’s a couple of fights worth watching.
                Yea not a great weekend looking forward to the prospects on these cards not so much the main events.I guess the main on DAZN is really still a prospect in Haney and I am interested in seeing his continued development.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post

Very strange move...
                  He’s not a natural featherweight whatsoever. Hopefully his talent can carry him through against naturally bigger opposition.

Comment

Yea not a great weekend looking forward to the prospects on these cards not so much the main events.I guess the main on DAZN is really still a prospect in Haney and I am interested in seeing his continued development.
                    I like the look of Haney, definitely has talent. I want to see him tested though, I liked the sound of the Campbell matchup when that was being suggested

Comment

I like the look of Haney, definitely has talent. I want to see him tested though, I liked the sound of the Campbell matchup when that was being suggested
                      Yea I think this year before its out we will see him in a title fight.Even if Loma unifies he wont be able to hold all them belts for long with all the mandatory's.Sounds like we will see Campbell v Loma 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X