Collapse
No announcement yet.

This event did more damage than good...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just a case of 99% of people (i.e casuals, non-followers) not understanding the little nuances and details of boxing.

I actually thought it was an entertaining fight in the sense it's interesting to see what Floyd does if you understand what he's doing.

You're not paying to watch Butterbean in a tear-up. You're paying to watch a master boxer in Floyd Mayweather Jr. and he did exactly that, showed why he's a master of his craft. It's not his fault that people don't understand. And Manny wasn't good enough to make it competitive. It was Manny who didn't keep his end of the bargain, not Floyd. Floyd was himself.

It's like me paying to go to a Jackson Pollock exhibition. I don't appreciate it because i don't understand it.

Comment

Yeah, devastated Pac fans and a bunch of UFC fanboys feeding the flames. Warning us of the death of boxing just hours after what might have been the highest grossing sporting event in the history of mankind (after year after year of boxing breaking PPV and gate records).

Comment

Boxing will be FINE! Sorry but I was a bit annoyed today with all the celebrity BS that was going on. People who just wanted to be apart of something they don't even understand.

We the Boxing fans will remain, Canelo vs Kirkland will get its 1+ Million rating next week and everything will get back to normal.

Boxing will be JUST FINE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
          Knowing Floyd fights like that is not an excuse to let him off the hook.
          He's to blame as well. I'm not letting him off the hook.

I'm saying the onus was on Manny to force Mayweather to fight differently. You can't expect a guy with an undefeated strategy to abandon it simply to please the casual fans.

Manny was the aggressor and he failed at executing his aggression. He tried to pick his spots instead of constant relentless pressure.

Comment

Floyd ran a marathon.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
              Floyd ran a marathon.
              He clinched and headlocked Pacquiao too.

Pac should've been willing to fight more dirty ala Maidana.

I felt that Manny could've worked Maidana's strategy better than Maidana did.

For some reason he wanted to counterpunch Floyd instead of pressuring relentlessly.

Comment

It really is sad. I enjoyed the fights and I thought a lot of people would too, but looking around on social media that wasn't the case.

- Bermuda

Comment

not floyd's fault that manny wasn't the killer that TR and everyone else made him up to be.

dude did **** all but look at mayweather in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by Bermuda View Post
                    It really is sad. I enjoyed the fights and I thought a lot of people would too, but looking around on social media that wasn't the case.

- Bermuda
                    Of course they didn't enjoy it when the person they rooted for loses. Stay salty.

Comment

Originally posted by Bermuda View Post

- Bermuda
                      They watch boxing twice a year and probably don't know the difference between a jab and a straight. I'd rather boxing be a niche sport than have to listen to these idiots talk about it every week.

Comment

Working...
                      X