No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather vs Saul Alvarez Master Thread - Post ALL Related Topics HERE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    I hate that we don't get a public poll, then those who pick Canelo will retract much too easy after Floyd does the usual.
    Kinda like that Horus thread that was bumped where you voted "Manny is cheating history by fighting at a catch weight" but don't hold the same viewpoint for this one?

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
      Floyds gonna win this one too man, UD. Money just doesnt pick a fight he cant win. That's his "secret". Anyone that knows anything about boxing, or just has the common sense to see who he fights can see that. Dont you find it curious, real boxers talk down their opponents, "the guy is nothing, he's slow I'll beat the living **** out of him!". Money on the other hand goes "he's the best boxer there is, he's a legend, that's why I picked him, i fight the best!". He promotes his opponents as if they are the most feared fighters ever but he goes for slow guys, boxers with poor KO record or old boxers well past their glory days. Canelo is a good example of that. The guy is young and really fought no one worth mentioning. He's so slow you fall asleep waiting for each hook. Floyd can go back home, have a nap and come back to the ring before Canelo finishes throwing one of the punches. Maybe more important, Canelo isnt a worrior, he's a young guy that comes from a confy life, he's no nail eating badass with true hunger for glory. Kudos to "money", one of the best buisnessmen I've seen. If he keeps picking them like this he has a good chance of retireing undefeated as he wants, some dumbasses will even consider him hall of fame worthy.

FerFAL
      Good point! People cant stand that flyod is a brilliant businessman! That's why he's the highest paid athlete!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Attendance and buys wise this is gonna be a tremendous event but boy are people gonna be disappointed. This is gonna be a one sided beating.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        I agree, Floyd aint gonna see what hit him.

Comment

safeist bet on sports is what again???need i remind u floyd ud no matter what,idc if alverez has over 20 pounds on him on fight nite most of these fat idiots r immoible and put all theyre faith in one punch lmao size doesnt win fights,This is gonna be a huge event i suspect this ppv event alone will do more than pacroids 5 dollar ppv in china and marquez vs bradley combine

Comment

Originally posted by Rysandro
            Quote: Originally Posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. Attendance and buys wise this is gonna be a tremendous event but boy are people gonna be disappointed. This is gonna be a one sided beating. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android I agree, Floyd aint gonna see what hit him.
            Hey, if thats what you really believe then make sure you put your money on the ginger. Don't let me stop you but you're gonna be disappointed.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I'm more excited about the EVENT, then the actual fight, at least right now. As the fight gets closer, we get more promotional material and everything, I'm sure I'll fall in like I always do.

Canelo has never, ever shown the elite level of stamina that will be needed to pressure a fighter of Floyd's caliber for 12 rounds. I'm not saying it isn't possible, I just haven't seen him do it yet. Rewatched the Guerrero fight today though, and Alvarez must muscle Mayweather around in the clinches and punch with the free hand. Not those arm punches that Guerrero was throwing, those had no effect on Floyd at all and just served to tire Guerrero out more than anything.

Rewatched Alvarez-Lopez and Alvarez has to throw combinations like he did that night, that one punch at a time is not going to work against Mayweather like it did against Trout. Guerrero by about the 3rd round would just get into staring contests with Floyd, waiting for Floyd to make the first move. This is something Alvarez does often, even when he clearly has the advantage against his opponent. He needs to be quicker on the trigger and make sure to incorporate his jab, something that he used very well against Trout when he threw it.

Comment

Fight promo time.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post

Fight promo time.
                  I like promos to have more actual punching and boxing in it.

Comment

Floyd better watch out for those uppercuts Alvarez throws. I can see Canelo throwing one as Floyd tries to land his straight right.

Comment

• money may by UD

Comment

Working...
                      X