No announcement yet.

Name current "Gatekeeper" type fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name current "Gatekeeper" type fighters

Which current fighters would you say are gatekeepers for opponents? Or stepping stones? Zab Judah comes to mind or a Shane Mosley...

castillo
    pavlik
    cotto
    morales
    ortiz
    arce

Comment

I was going to mention Pavlik and Cotto even being 2 of my favorite fighters, but Pavlik is coming off some bootleg wins and Cotto some might say isn't in the proper weight class for himself. Although it's highly doubtful he'll ever drop down so at 154lbs, yeah he's a gatekeeper. I also was thinking Morales but that dude is retirement at this point as well as Arce but yeah they were definite stepping stones before they went out.

Comment

You people are dumb mentioning pavlik and Cotto they are still Worldclass fighters. This is a gatekeeper! Note the diffrence in skill level people! Edner Cherry!

Comment

If you are in the top 10 of a weight class, you are not a gatekeeper, let alone top 5.

Gatekeepers are outside of the top 10, journeymen are outside of the outside of the top 10.

Comment

The Galaxy Warrior comes to mind for me... that dude is still strong at 40

Comment

I do not like Kelly Pavlik at all, but can some one mention what fighters has he been a gatekeeper for?

The Hopkins fight was a big PPV fight where he was favored in. The Martinez fight was a big main event and the fight had a lot of hype behind it. Those are his only two losses and those were big fights. If decent fighters like Will Rosinsky can not beat you, then you are not a gatekeeper, you're a lower tier top 10 fighter.

Comment

Alfonso Gomez? Matthew Hatton??

Comment

Miguel Cotto is king Gatekeeper

Comment

Berto, he is now the clear gate you have get past to get to Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                    X