Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Steve Cunningham - Four Years Too Late, or Right on Time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidHaye'sToe View Post
    Adamek wins inside 7,Cunningham wasn't a great cruiser,Adamek is a naturalised heavy now with power and speed,Steve is in a world of hurt Saturday night.
    Cunningham wasn't a great cruiser?! From 05-07 he beat guys like Wlodarczyk, Guillermo Jones, and Marco Huck. Since then has beaten guys like Braithwaite, Ross etc. Cunningham in his prime was serious force to be reckoned with, and gave a prime (IMO) Adamek one helluva fight. And despite getting dropped, Cunningham dominated most of their fight. You act as though they never fought and Cunningham didn't give Adamek an extremely tough fight.

As for my prediction for this fight, it's been 4 years and both men have faded a bit. Adamek is more experienced at HW, but at the same time Adamek is a lot more battle-worn IMO. Against Walker in his last fight, although he won, he was dropped, seriously hurt, and out boxed in spots against someone who simply isn't on Cunningham's level. Adamek looked pretty faded against Walker IMO. Actually, since the beating he was given against Vitali, Adamek has not looked good period, he looked okay against Chambers but still not the same. Cunningham hasn't looked great himself. But in his HW debut against the very solid and durable Gavern, his speed and timing looked good.

I expect a slower paced fight this time around, and depending on which Cunningham and which Adamek shows up, will affect the outcome of this fight, obviously. If Cunningham can get that jab going, it could be a long night for Adamek. I expect Cunningham to outbox Adamek again, without getting dropped as many times last time, with Adamek taking some of the later rounds, but Cunningham will win a 116-112 kind of fight. Whether he actually gets the decision is another story. We'll see.

Comment

Working...
    X