Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apple files patent for ‘disappearing iPhone’ where camera, flash and screen vanish

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Apple files patent for ‘disappearing iPhone’ where camera, flash and screen vanish

Apple files patent for ‘disappearing iPhone’ where camera, flash and even the screen vanish when not in use
    Friday, October 12, 2012 · 9:18 pm

“Apple has filed an application to patent a new technology that could make some features of a device literally disappear when they are not being used,” Damien Gayle reports for The Daily Mail.

“The technology, which could herald a new era in gadget design, could be used to hide your iPhone’s camera, flash, or even its entire display until they are needed,” Gayle reports. “It would use switchable curtains made possible by polymer-dispersed liquid crystal (PDLC) windows to conceal the functions, giving feature packed phones or tablets a clean, uncluttered appearance.”

Gayle reports, “This technique could even be used to hide a facial-recognition camera right behind a device’s display, making it visible and active only when a picture of the user’s face is needed for an online identity check.”

Read more in the full article here.

You came, didn't you?

Comment

I bet you came

Comment

did you come?

Comment

All over the place!

Comment

Comment

I've been waiting for them to disappear.

On a serious note, this sounds dope but will probably be fully working by iPhone 11.

Comment

I don't understand what they mean.

Comment

switchable curtains? it has been in existence since time immemorial, WTF do they need to patent it for?

Comment

So when will this be ready iphone9?

Comment

Working...
                    X