Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MARQUEZ: "Arum told me it was just business... I wanted to slap him...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Arum is horrid---the man is absolutely terrible for the sport.

Comment

Two way that could be interpreted.

1. Arum was admitting he fixed the fight to JMM.
      2. Arum was trying to make sure JMM stays professional and doesn't do something stupid.

Arum is a piece but he's not stupid enough admit to strait up cheating.

Comment

For SIN CITY

SIN CITY-Yes it has been posted before. The way the report is quoted it is certainly taken out of context. If the quote is true, which is always doubtful. you l, it was, most likely a comment in a conversation where rum was commiserating with him and I took it to mean...

"well, you win some, and you lose some, but anyway, it's good forbusiness aa because it makes a 4th fight a sure winner, and a huge PPV draw....."

Marwuez has lost what, 5-6 fights, and I've seen most of them. I don't recall ONE single fight where he admitted losing but always complained bitterly that he'd won. "dog in the manger"...like Hopkins.

If I'd been ref for his last fight I'd have taken points for his deliberate stomping and holding down Pacquiao's foot. This always coincided with a nice 3-4 punch combo where Pacquiao was divided into trying to get away, to overbrying to keep his balance, and trying to defend with ineffectual (under the circumstances) flurries.

He was pinned down so hard that he was lucky not to overbalance and break his ankle. In rd 12 Marquez actually kept on top of his whole foot for at least 2 steps backwards.

This CANNOT be denied, it's on video, and MUST have been carefully planned and practiced. The Roach is becoming more foolish every day. He said he didn't comment on it because he teaches the same thing in his gym.

Comment

Originally posted by William Blake View Post
          Bob Arum is horrid---the man is absolutely terrible for the sport.
          And you're not so smart, to believe whatever is posted in a BoxingScene post, without positive, RELIABLE links. Remember what Elvis said to that girl in the movie, the very original quote" Don't believe anything you read or hear, and only half of what you see"....
          I think it was when he was playing (pretty badly as usual) a boxer.

Comment

Arum should retire, He is boxing's worse cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Hi-Dro View Post
              Marquez could have KO'd Pac and Pac would still get the decision that night. Money talks and everyone showed there corruption and price that night. HBO, Arum, Pacquiao, urrrybody was a hoe.....
              HBO was the crew that gave the fix away. They looked guilty.

Originally posted by Sin City View Post

I'm not about to go research through Mayweather's boring as fights but you guys are saying he doesn't push.. here's the KD. He throws a hook than goes to push.
              pushing is pushing, no matter if it's defensively or offensively.

but anyway enough of that, this thread isn't about Mayweather so back to the topic at hand..
              How the hell hell do you know a man's career is boring and you were pissing your pants while he was fighting early in his career. You sound silly taking someone elses opinion.. How did you come to "boring" and you havent seen him fight? Embarrassing! I'm boycotting you poser poster.

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
              Two way that could be interpreted.

1. Arum was admitting he fixed the fight to JMM.
              2. Arum was trying to make sure JMM stays professional and doesn't do something stupid.

Arum is a piece but he's not stupid enough admit to strait up cheating.
              He didnt hide the fact that he's arambling racist so why would he have any tact with this.

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              And you're not so smart, to believe whatever is posted in a BoxingScene post, without positive, RELIABLE links. Remember what Elvis said to that girl in the movie, the very original quote" Don't believe anything you read or hear, and only half of what you see"....
              I think it was when he was playing (pretty badly as usual) a boxer.
              By the same token youre just as naive to be convinced of the opposite. Question 1: That is Marquez right? Or do you think its a look alike?
              It didnt come from some fan with an inside tip or some third party dropping the dime. Arum is old and senile so he probably said it.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
                You're pathetic..
                He actually doesn't rise as high as that low level. He was talking of something which happened about 20-25 years ago, not long after the famous quote" I was lying yesterday today I'm telling the truth", That itself happened all that time ago but you'd never think so, considering how regularly it's always brought up. It was a pure lawyer's quip, as a quick, humourous retort to a reporter in a crowd. He'd been having a few drinks the night before with reporters, supposed to be OFF THE RECORD, and said something (no one remembers what) and when the next day he was pulled up on it, made the famous quip.

As for the FBI thing, it was during an investigation of boxing and Arum, being a lawyer and not willing to lie under oath, reported, out of the blue, surprising everyone, that he, and OTHER PROMOTERS, had paid a Boxing Association to give their fighters favourable ratings to enable them to obtain title fights.

Take for example the MORE famous Jake LaMotta deliberately losing a fight to Billy Fox. This happened in the late 1940's, because he was promised a title shot for it. Mafia of course. During the early 1960's Senate investigations of boxing, trying to get rid of the Mafia stranglehold over the sport, he calmly told this to the world, whilst giving evidence. No one ever keeps bringing this up, a far more egregious act than Arum's little lie, but he became a HOF'er and highly admired. Hollywood movie and all that......

Arum's quick, clever retort made a good reporter quote. Some low-level mentalities even still have it highlighted on their posts. Immortalized.

In other words all old..very old scandal and gossip.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  HBO was the crew that gave the fix away. They looked guilty.

How the hell hell do you know a man's career is boring and you were pissing your pants while he was fighting early in his career. You sound silly taking someone elses opinion.. How did you come to "boring" and you havent seen him fight? Embarrassing! I'm boycotting you poser poster.

He didnt hide the fact that he's arambling racist so why would he have any tact with this.

By the same token youre just as naive to be convinced of the opposite. Question 1: That is Marquez right? Or do you think its a look alike?
                  It didnt come from some fan with an inside tip or some third party dropping the dime. Arum is old and senile so he probably said it.
                  If I'm as "senile" as Arum is, at that age, I'll be pretty happy about it. You throw loaded words around very carlessly, don't you?

If Arum is "senile" what does that make a comparative dumbo like De LaHoya?? Arum always gets the better of him in any dispute between them. And of all the other promoters as well.

And Arum is comparatively kind to him, He merely says that "Oscar isn't very bright".... when he could say a lot more than that.

With an opinion like that...what does that make you.....?? You are free to think what you like, but it would have been far smarter to keep it to yourself. Perhaps you use BoxingScene as an outlet for interior, personal frustrations.....

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    If I'm as "senile" as Arum is, at that age, I'll be pretty happy about it. You throw loaded words around very carlessly, don't you?

If Arum is "senile" what does that make a comparative dumbo like De LaHoya?? Arum always gets the better of him in any dispute between them. And of all the other promoters as well.

And Arum is comparatively kind to him, He merely says that "Oscar isn't very bright".... when he could say a lot more than that.

With an opinion like that...what does that make you.....?? You are free to think what you like, but it would have been far smarter to keep it to yourself. Perhaps you use BoxingScene as an outlet for interior, personal frustrations.....
                    My bad. I should have said nothing. I remember you making dumbass statements in the history section and then getting sensitive when somebody blasts your ass. How about this? "Im sorry, you really are smart" . Is that better. And whoever said DLH was a fukin genius?

Comment

Pacquiao won, Marquez the drama queen needs to move on, he will never beat Pac

He should make an appeal if he think he won, like what Amir Khan, but he didnt, why not?

because he knows he lost,

Comment

Working...
                      X