No announcement yet.

What's With Vlad's Dawdling?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's With Vlad's Dawdling?

Have you ever seen an ex champ less eager to avenge themselves? This contract would have been signed months ago, if he had any fighting heart.

Vlad would obviously be capable of beating Tony, since he should have won last time, except for the lack of a fighting heart, to be blunt.

Any massively experienced champion is supposed to know you finish an opponent when he is hurt. That came as a shock to Vlad, so he put it in his notebook for future reference.

I lost every shred of respect for Tsyzu who had been one of my favorite fighters for years, when he pulled the same stunt after losing to Hatton. He took all the time he legally could, and then declined to fight again. He had no respect for us, I lost all respect for him. I am now tickled that his legacy took a major dive after losing to the likes of Hatton. He deserved it.

When a boxer shows not enough heart to take a rematch he might easily win and thereby enhance his legacy mightily, it tells the world something which history pays attention to. The heart of a tiger can never hurt a boxer's legacy. Vlad is not physically through. At least he wasn't last bout. He fights just like he always did and just as well.

Don't worry, boys, if he declines the rematch his legacy will take a permanent nose dive, because suspicions about his heart will appear true. It was a close fight he could have won, so history expects him to take this rematch. If he doesn't, history will punish him for failing to grab the chance to finally prove he was worthy of the crown for all those years he wore it. I do not think he was worthy. It looks like he may be about to prove it to all of us. He never had a great fight, and may not want another one. Gee, Vlad, great fights are hard on a boxer. Did you just figure that out, too?
    Last edited by The Old LefHook; 06-22-2017, 06:41 AM.

I heard he was already considering retirement after this fight, so I imagine that's what is taking so long. Deciding whether to take one more fight or not.

Do you then think Lennox Lewis should have took a rematch with Vitali instead of just retiring then?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
      I heard he was already considering retirement after this fight, so I imagine that's what is taking so long. Deciding whether to take one more fight or not.

Do you then think Lennox Lewis should have took a rematch with Vitali instead of just retiring then?
      Not particularly on that one, though I wanted to see it at the time. An elderly, in half shape Lewis beat him fairly convincingly, I thought. I did not see the Ruskie doing that much damage, he was merely able to hang in there with what was left of Lewis.

Since most people thought it was a great fight, a rematch could not have hurt the Canadian's legacy, providing he won. I thought it was a decent fight, but not great. Vitali did not have much style or even a big punch to draw me to the bank window.

Comment

The guy is 40+ man. Come on now.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          The guy is 40+ man. Come on now.
          Is he waiting until he is 41+?

What is so hard? These guys should not hold the boxing world up with their wavering.

The man needs some legacy. People now rate Tony Joshua right below God. He is vulnerable, so knock him off, or get off the pot. Or go out covering up as the ref steps in when punches are not actually landing. Just do it. Tony Joshua does not have the wind to jog to the bathroom, and is vastly under experienced.

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
            Is he waiting until he is 41+?

What is so hard? These guys should not hold the boxing world up with their wavering.

The man needs some legacy. People now rate Tony Joshua right below God. He is vulnerable, so knock him off, or get off the pot. Or go out covering up as the ref steps in when punches are not actually landing. Just do it. Tony Joshua does not have the wind to jog to the bathroom, and is vastly under experienced.
            At that age coming off a loss, I would think that the choice between a hard rigorous camp with no or Little future perspective and retirement is a tough one.

Comment

Speaking of recent fights, what did you guys think of the stoppage in the second Ward/Kovalev fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                At that age coming off a loss, I would think that the choice between a hard rigorous camp with no or Little future perspective and retirement is a tough one.
                Lad, 41 is not what it was in Robinson's time. 50 is the new 41, haven't you heard?

Why should a man with so much doubt fight again? If that is the case, why eat up all the legal time senselessly while the heavyweight division of the boxing world languishes? He is broadly displaying doubt and lack of fighting spirit to his prospective opponent through these actions.

That Hollywood wife probably has something to do with the delay.

Just about every boxing fan in the world has a right to be pissed off the way this guy has delayed his decision if all he is now going to do is pull a Tszyu, wait out the maximum and then announce his retirement. Nothing but a letdown in that. What? The retirement announcement itself compensates for any disappointment? I don't know who understood that joke.

Comment

Working...
                X