No announcement yet.

Was Aaron Pryor the unluckiest fighter ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Yeah, that's kind of what I suspect as well.
    You don't need to suspect it pal, just watch the interview with Jim Gray after the fight. The guy has the guts to tell Tyson that HE was the one trying to butt, and he showed the clearest replay you could ever hope for. But you know what? Tyson fans STILL try and say Tyson only butted him because Evander butted.
    It was fine for those same fans though, that Tyson tried to break Botha's arm, tried to hit Savavrese over and over, after the fight was already stopped, hit Ruddock low numerous times, bragged that he wanted to push Ferguson's nose into his brain, told a live audience how he wanted to eat Lewis' children, hit people in the street, and giggled when he told an interviewer how he liked to hurt women. If someone could idolize a man like that, I really don't need to wonder why the world is often a horrible place.

Comment

Actually, I was referring to your point about lies and BS in Tyson's upcoming book on things like the Holyfield fight and rape conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        There are levels to this sport and while Young was a decent fighter, he was a full level (maybe two) below championship caliber. A prime, non coked out Pryor crushes Young.
        Don't quite see that happening, and Aaron would also lose to McCrory, Curry, and definitely Marlon Starling.

Comment

If he has his health right now? and is financially secured, he is not unlucky! Pryor fought during a era where being world champion was still very difficult to become! These days, it seems as long as you are half decent and don't become a alcoholic, and have a good promoter behind you? You can become world champion. Back during the 80's, to be world champion in any division was like climbing a mountain! during the 70's it was like climbing Everest etc
          Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 06-01-2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite76 View Post
            Don't quite see that happening, and Aaron would also lose to McCrory, Curry, and definitely Marlon Starling.
            At his best, Pryor was a tough out. I'd also favor Curry and Starling, based on a combination of skill and size. McCrory is 50/50 to me. Man your opinion of Pryor is low or a over inflated opinion of Young. I stand by my post. A prime non coked out version of Pryor crushes any version of Young. As I noted there are levels to this sport and Young was a full level (maybe two) below Pryor.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              At his best, Pryor was a tough out. I'd also favor Curry and Starling, based on a combination of skill and size. McCrory is 50/50 to me. Man your opinion of Pryor is low or a over inflated opinion of Young. I stand by my post. A prime non coked out version of Pryor crushes any version of Young. As I noted there are levels to this sport and Young was a full level (maybe two) below Pryor.
              Here the thing JTF, Aaron was a great fighter, but like Salvador Sanchez had he moved up to 130, or 135, the competition would've been tougher for him to handle. Bobby Joe Young could definitely crack, and I think some of his comtemporaries avoided him. You're right, there are levels to this sport, but Aaron would be taking a huge risk, and in Young's case, loss if he fought him. I would even pick Pipino Cuevas, or Colin Jones to give Aaron fits.

Comment

If Pryor has his health and is financially secure? Yes, the man was meticulous with the details of his portfolio. I guess someone has been living in a cave. Pryor is about as financially insecure as it gets. He lived in the boiler room of a joint last I heard, sleeping on a bug-infused cot. Poor boxer must hsave been cheated--on his last coke deal, I mean.

Comment

Speaking of Tyson's fights with Holyfield, I wonder if Mike will provide any explanation as to what was going through his mind in the second Holyfield fight when he bit him twice in that new book he's supposed to be writing? If not, then I won't be picking it up.
                  You can read about that in his first book.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    You can read about that in his first book.
                    Really? So, in a nutshell, what did he say?

Comment

Really? So, in a nutshell, what did he say?
                      I don't remember it, actually. The Bite Fight was of little interest to me so I didn't pay as much attention to that section of the book as I should have.

Comment

Working...
                      X