Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want to see top fighters face each other..or are you worried about their pay?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Paid his dues?

Boxing is the only sport where an athlete "paid his dues" and that means never having to take on a challenge.

In every other sport "paid his dues" means putting the time, dedication, and sacrifice to get to the top. But you also have to keep that mentality to stay at the top and beat the best.

In boxing you "pay your dues" and after that you dont even have to bother taking a challenge.

The last time mayweather fought a challenge was in the second Castillo fight in 2002. After that he didnt even have to bother facing the best fighter available at the moment.

He didnt make it big until after de la hoya but no one with boxing knowledge will tell you that fight was his biggest challenge at the moment. The ghost of de la hoya never won a significant bout after that and it clearly wasnt because of the "damage" he took on that fight.

Instead he retired for 2 years to duck the top dogs at WW. Even when he came back all roided up he still wouldnt take on a challenge:
    1) grandpa mosley
    2)brutally tko'd twice cotto
    3)moving up 2 div. yet i still cheat you on the scales JMM
    4) victor "the tree/maidana left over/i still sucker punched twice" ortiz
    5)Manny "6 years too late/already ktfo6/i can dope but you cant" pacquiao
    6)marcos "cant win a round against alexander/struggled with bums lopez and soto karass/cant pick your gloves maidana
    7)canelo "barely beat trout/drained" alvarez
    8)robert "couldnt beat bum salido" guerrero
    8)andre "couldnt beat bums ortiz and soto karass" berto

Truly the kind of opponents that make you a legend. Guys like:

1)casamayor
    2)kostya tszyu
    3)2007 cotto
    4)2007 margarito
    5)2006 williams
    6)2009 pacquiao
    7)2013 Lara
    8)too basic but i wont fight you ggg
    9)pre pacquiao Bradley
    10)2015 thurman
    11)2015 porter

Those guys were bums. How does anyone dard speak about those bums in the same sentence as tbe? I mean why fight a Thurman when you can fight 2 salkas?

Oh wait, thats the mentality floyd created and you defended.

Fighting the best is what its about doe. Except when we are talking about tbe. He was the A side and he "paid his dues" doe. I mean look at the facts concerning GGG thinking he is the A side:

1)That GGG guy got KO'd by Pirog doe.
    2)That GGG, his highest payday is 3X less Jacobs doe.
    3)That GGG couldnt sell half the arena in his biggest fight, in his home town doe.
    4)That GGG said a couple of months ago that he wanted more than 2X his biggest purse despite not being able to sell in his hometown , in his biggest match doe.
    5)That GGG said he shouldnt fight jacobs because he would get the same fighting 2 Quillin doe.
    6)That GGG was forced by the WBA to negotiate a fight with Jacobs or forfeit his second rate belt and his position as mandatory doe.
    7)That GGG, now that he has no choice but to face the champ, is being hard on negotiations. This despite knowing that if the fight goes to a bid he will only get 25%. He crazy doe.
    8)That GGG wants an interim defense despite being ordered to fight jacobs doe.
    9)That GGG now wants 40% of the purse when when his biggest fight was an economic disaster, he has never been a draw, and the rules say he should only get 25% if the fight goes to a bid doe.
    10)That GGG says that jacobs promotor wants to force a bid to avoid paying GGG what he is worth. This despite that GGG is no draw and wants more than he is worth doe.

Also that GGG hasnt "paid his dues". It dont matter all the top guys at 160 and 168 ducked him following the footsteps of tbe doe. It also dont matter that boxers such as: Ward, Stevenson, Frampton, Santa Cruz, Walters, Inoue, Quigg, Avalos, Danny Garcia, Keith Thirman, Canelo, Cotto, Martinez, Quillin, Jacobs, Saunders, Eubank jr., andre direll, artur beterbiev and many others in the last years have been shamelessly ducking following tbe. Fights between 1 and 2 in 122, 126, 140, 147, 160, 168, and 175 didnt happen due to shameless ducking. Three of them were GGG mandatories.

But none of that matters, all that counts is that fighters fight the best. Ducking only happens with fighters i dont like, not with those i like.... thats larry's message. Any sense of hypocrisy is in the readers imagination.
    wtf???

so these arnt challenges??

Pacquiao-p4p#2 wbo champ
    Hatton-top 10 p4p
    Mosley-p4p#3 wba champ
    Canelo-top 10 p4p-wbc/wba/ring champ
    Oscar-WBC champ
    Cotto-WBA champ

It always amazes me how posters say **** like this but hop on the d1cks of fighters who are doing 100 percent less

The man was lineal champ in 2 divisions at once at the age of 37
    Last edited by Larry the boss; 10-08-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

That's an excuse, since when the fans care about how much are making the fighters?
      That's bs, they aren't getting anything.

Comment

Originally posted by don larryx View Post
        Name one of these fighters who have even done a quarter of What Floyd and Manny has....they are making all these demands without putting in any work at all
        you're mentioning Mayweather? he was one of the first one to start making these ridiculous demands, preceded by Jones and Hopkins. At least Hopkins swallowed his pride and eventually took on fight at light heavy where he was supposed to lose.

I remember reading about Mayweather proclaiming himself to be a 10 million dollar fighter yet his best win was Castillo.

Anyway, like I said, you're just a hypocrite.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          you're mentioning Mayweather? he was one of the first one to start making these ridiculous demands, preceded by Jones and Hopkins. At least Hopkins swallowed his pride and eventually took on fight at light heavy where he was supposed to lose.

I remember reading about Mayweather proclaiming himself to be a 10 million dollar fighter yet his best win was Castillo.

Anyway, like I said, you're just a hypocrite.
          If you read the opening post i said..Floyd and Pacquiao earned the right to get their paydays...and even still THEY WERE FIGHTING FAR BETTER COMP THEN 99.9 PERCENT OF THESE CURRENT FIGHTERS AT THE END OF THEIR CAREERS.. You skipped the entire point of this thread just to try to attack me, but you have nothing to refute what i am saying...Hell Floyd beating Castillo made him a 2 division lineal champion..how many of them do we even have today?

Comment

A fighter's purse doesn't bother me, as i ain't getting any of it.

It's a big deal on NSB though. Look at all the threads/post that dragged on in regards to GGG's PPV numbers and how it related to the split he should get from Canelo..that discussion went on for months.

I think its more often than not a tool used by people depending on the fighter in discussion, and their agenda in regards to that fight.

People will argue about it until they're blue on the face on here if it's a fighter they like/dislike. But in truth, i doubt they care less about who gets paid what.

Comment

I just wish fighters would actually take the risks and challenges needed to be great..They fight no name after no name and then ask for these great demands....It is sad
              Last edited by Larry the boss; 10-08-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

I just wish fighters would actually take the risks and challenges needed to be great..They fight no name after no name and then ask for these great demands....It is sad
                You talking Danny Jacobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  Caribbean Carnival? I see some Jamaican flags.

Comment

Well just like in society you hope to get paid fairly whether your a cleaner or a politician.

The gap between rich and poor is worrying. So we don't want a situation where one boxer takes advantage of anither.

GGG has an Incredible ability. If you want to see him showcase those skills you have to pay him to see it. Regardless of what gggs highest purse has been in past. He's been underpaid so far. Nelo will give GGG the purse GGG ability deserves.
                    Last edited by hugh grant; 10-08-2016, 05:50 PM.

Comment

wtf???

so these arnt challenges??

Pacquiao-p4p#2 wbo champ
                      Hatton-top 10 p4p
                      Mosley-p4p#3 wba champ
                      Canelo-top 10 p4p-wbc/wba/ring champ
                      Oscar-WBC champ
                      Cotto-WBA champ

It always amazes me how posters say **** like this but hope on the d1cks of fighters who are doing 100 percent less

The man was lineal champ in 2 divisions at once at the age of 37
                      And this is coming from ggg fans who have the nerve to defend his mismatches...

Comment

Working...
                      X