Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donaire pretty much admits he's not taking on dangerous opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Donaire wants to experiment, let him do it in sparring. I don't want to buy fights to see him play around.

Best should fight the best, and no one else until that's settled.

Comment

Nish, Mares, Rigo, and in that order
      fuck Arce, no point to that fight
      rematching Mathebula would be better

Comment

Didn't he say that a couple fights ago? I forgot which win it was...but I recall him saying he wanted to take a couple easier fights and then fight all the top guys. So nothing new here, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
          Nish, Mares, Rigo, and in that order
          fuck Arce, no point to that fight
          rematching Mathebula would be better
          A Mathebula rematch is sadly a possibility is more likely than Donaire - Mares due to the stupid feud between GBP and Top Rank. There is not a good reason why Donaire can't fight Nishioka or Rigo, that would be all on Donaire. Donaire's team and promoters have a say but Donaire should be able to get a fight especially with another in-house fighter if he really wants it.

Does anybody know how the TR and Rigo contract negotiations are going?? I hope there's a provision that Rigo gets to fight Donaire I want to see that fight..

Comment

This guy is not getting any younger. No more passes for him. Sadly Top Rank will keep using their protective matchmaking gurus and Donaire won't ask to fight better competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
              Donaire also weighted 116,5 for that fight, so in reality it was 1,5 pounds difference from regular opponents of Narvaez at 115. It was legit fight, Narvarez is pretty good.
              nah it wasnt. donaire killed himself to make 115 years. he probably outweighed narvaez in that fight by a good 10lbs. there was no way narvaez was winning that fight. i dunno a single person who thought he would.

Comment

the fact is, and its a sad one, donaire picks ppl he thinks he can knock out. its obvious, clear as day. picking ths outsized super flyweight champ, the little more than prospect pr fighter that had just gotten tkoed, and then mathebula, yea, he picks these guys so he can look good and increase his notoriety. however, so far its been backfiring. whats really gonna happen is hes gonna finally step up against someone whos good and get out shown.

Comment

Working...
                X