No announcement yet.

What are your thoughts on Golovkin's pandering to Mexicans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your thoughts on Golovkin's pandering to Mexicans

At times Golovkin feels like a politician trying to get the Mexican vote.

Do you find it awkward?

Does any of it actually help sell PPVs?

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
    At times Golovkin feels like a politician trying to get the Mexican vote.

Do you find it awkward?

Does any of it actually help sell PPVs?
    It helped him in the past when he brought it up so who knows.

Comment

It's awkward and hilarious. If this guy was self aware he would have stopped a long time ago.

Comment

Its a lil weird, but the reality is the Hispanic fanbase are the backbone of the sport so getting some of them on your bandwagon isn't the dumbest thing in the world. I think it'd be better if he was anti-Mexican since his chief rival is Mexican & he could garner popularity via hater fans, but I think most cats have a hard time being the bad guy even if its a work to boost PPV numbers when you fight Mexicans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          It's awkward and hilarious. If this guy was self aware he would have stopped a long time ago.
          I think he became aware how weird "Good boy" was so he stopped saying it.

Comment

when I see people do that I see someone with no self pride and no integrity. Type of dudes to suck dick if it helped their career, straight hoes!

Comment

Originally posted by War Mayweather View Post
              when I see people do that I see someone with no self pride and no integrity. Type of dudes to suck dick if it helped their career, straight hoes!
              the guy in your avatar would seek out mexican boxers and come out in a sombrero...the mexican style pitch is all abel anyway

Comment

I don't like the way he works it, no dignity he's got to bag that ppv money up

Comment

It's pretty dumb and obvious. It was a bit charming at first but now he's overdoing it. He should be proud of his country and the rise it's having in boxing currently.

Comment

It doesn't bother me. He shouldn't have said he has Mexican blood that's just weird and silly. Maybe he got a transfusion.

Golovkin is really more in touch with Mexican-Americans than Mexicans. I think that is why he is very popular in LA.

Comment

Working...
                    X