Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I FINALLY figured out how to make a GGG/Canelo fight work. . .

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 ways

1. GGG doesn't agree to anything from Canelo team , WBC will have to take the belt off Canelo by rules that a mandatory fight can only be at catch weight if both sides agree to it , Canelo won't be able to make 155 for too long now and if GGG is holding all the belt at 160 well guess who Canelo will have to fight?

2. GGG & Canelo make a deal to fight at 157

Comment

Originally posted by racer59 View Post
      My first thought is that you're a twat.

My second thought is that they should fight at 160. Fuck this catch weight shit.
      you sir win this thread/

Comment

I'm sure if push comes to shove, or in this case more money at the negotiating table, they can settle on a 157-158 pound catchweight.

Technically it should be at 160 but if Golden Boy wants to throw in some extra cash, Golovkin losing a couple pounds and Canelo cutting a couple less pounds than normal would be a fair deal.

Obviously 155 isn't an actual weight class but if Canelo feels he isn't "ready" for the full 160, they should meet in the middle somewhere. Of course that's going on the assumption that the whole 'fight me at 155' isn't just a smoke screen and a way to get out of the fight without looking like a complete bit¢h.

Comment

Golovkin has no leverage though lol. Wbc prob won't even strip canelo if he decides not to fight gg next

Comment

Wouldn't work because GGG will make 155 catchweight with great difficulty and then the rehydration clause will just get thrown out the window when Canelo comes in over the weight on fight night. They aren't going to cancel the fight at that point. Canelo wouldn't agree to it in the first place anyway so it's a non-starter.

It'd be a mismatch with a weight-drained GGG, he'd get beat by Rod Salka moving up from 140. GGG has never fought as low as 155 in his whole career, he'll be easy pickings for even D level fighters because his body will be busy trying to recover from being weight-drained throughout the actual fight and his punch resistance will be abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
              Wouldn't work because GGG will make 155 catchweight with great difficulty and then the rehydration clause will just get thrown out the window when Canelo comes in over the weight on fight night. They aren't going to cancel the fight at that point. Canelo wouldn't agree to it in the first place anyway so it's a non-starter.

It'd be a mismatch with a weight-drained GGG, he'd get beat by Rod Salka moving up from 140. GGG has never fought as low as 155 in his whole career, he'll be easy pickings for even D level fighters because his body will be busy trying to recover from being weight-drained throughout the actual fight and his punch resistance will be abysmal.
              But he could make 154 for lil Floyd doe

Comment

From: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bo...ther-pacquiao/

This part hyped me up.

The best and biggest theoretical boxing match of the post-MayPac era is Gennady “GGG” Golovkin vs. Saul “Canelo” Alvarez. If both win their fall fights, Canelo-GGG in 2016 would be massive. And from the financial and sporting perspectives, it would be right on time. It certainly wouldn’t be five years too late.

It would, however, be five years after it already happened.

Canelo was a 20-year-old rising star and Golovkin a name whispered in the darkest corners of #boxinghead freakdom when veteran boxing writer Doug Fischer got the call from Golovkin’s trainer, Abel Sanchez, inviting him to watch a sparring session. Fischer had heard about “Abel’s Russian guy,”1 who had supposedly manhandled Alfredo Angulo and Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. in the gym. The invite came in May 2011. “Doug, do you want to come up and watch Golovkin spar?” he recalled Sanchez asking.

“Who’s he going to be sparring with?”

Sanchez answered, “You’ll love this: Canelo Alvarez.”

Alvarez was preparing for a June 18 bout with Ryan Rhodes, Golovkin for a June 17 fight against Kassim Ouma, and the plan called for them to spar six four-minute rounds. So for 24 minutes, Fischer and a handful of other lucky spectators got a free look at a fight that could be worth eight figures to both boxers a half-decade later.

“Toward the end of the second round, Golovkin nailed Alvarez with a short hook and it took his legs out from under him,” Fischer recalled. “He did the Bojangles for just a second there. Alvarez backed off. He got on his bicycle, he just worked a nice straight jab to try to keep Golovkin off him, the bell rang, and he didn’t go back to his corner. He kind of did some squat things and then he put one of his legs on the top rope and did a ballet stretch, and he looked pissed. He looked pissed that he got caught. Maybe he was pissed that there was a witness.”

Alvarez recovered admirably, Fischer said, and for four more rounds they waged a battle whose legend grows2 with each passing year. It was all but assured in 2011 that Canelo would be one of boxing’s next big things. But Golovkin? A fighter from Kazakhstan who spoke no English, who had never fought on American TV, and who had yet to face a world-class professional opponent and was already 29 years old?

A lot can change in five years.

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  But he could make 154 for lil Floyd doe
                  He'd make 155 for Canelo but he'll be weight-drained against Canelo same way he'd be weight-drained against Floyd at 154. I say both Floyd and Canelo would actually KO a severely weight-drained GGG and if they can't do that they aint ****.

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    He'd make 155 for Canelo but he'll be weight-drained against Canelo same way he'd be weight-drained against Floyd at 154. I say both Floyd and Canelo would actually KO a severely weight-drained GGG and if they can't do that they aint ****.
                    I agree but Golovkin has to eat his words now

Comment

Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                      I agree but Golovkin has to eat his words now
                      Why is your guys such a coward that he can't fight a guy his own size?

Comment

Working...
                      X