Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez is Shocked: This is Not The Golovkin That We Know

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing has always been somewhat corrupt and as the money gets bigger the corruption becomes much more blatant. The fans are really to blame, it seems almost too easy for corrupt boxing announcers and judges to steal fights away from the actual victor. HBO or Showtime announcers are perfect examples , they'll fluff up their A side fighter all night long and convince viewers what they saw was NOT what they saw. I still go back and watch the first GGG & Canelo fight and wonder how in the world could anyone think that fight was a draw! It's goes on and on and most long time viewers know it and particular fighters like Canelo are just known for getting gift decisions . Does anyone really believe GGG can win a decision in a close fight with Canelo? Of coarse not ! AND THATS THE PROBLEM IN A NUTSHELL.

Comment

The boxing that I know doesn't accept doping, yet here we are.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemax View Post
        Boxing has always been somewhat corrupt and as the money gets bigger the corruption becomes much more blatant. The fans are really to blame, it seems almost too easy for corrupt boxing announcers and judges to steal fights away from the actual victor. HBO or Showtime announcers are perfect examples , they'll fluff up their A side fighter all night long and convince viewers what they saw was NOT what they saw. I still go back and watch the first GGG & Canelo fight and wonder how in the world could anyone think that fight was a draw! It's goes on and on and most long time viewers know it and particular fighters like Canelo are just known for getting gift decisions . Does anyone really believe GGG can win a decision in a close fight with Canelo? Of coarse not ! AND THATS THE PROBLEM IN A NUTSHELL.
        This^^^^^. I think Golovkin’s has had enough of GB and it’s antics. After their first fight even Mexican fans of Canelo turned on him because he was gifted that draw. We kind of understood it because of the potential money grab that a rematch would bring. But this is getting ridiculous and props to Golovkin for calling out these thieves. And your point about announcers stroking their “A” side fighters during the fight is so obvious. Kellerman did it through the first Ward/Kovalev fight and backed off a bit later because of the criticism he received for it. Garcia/Herrara is another blatant example. Close fights are sure to favor the “Golden Boys” in the game. Boxing is without doubt a sport laced with corruption. Golovkin has decided to make a statement about it outside the ring. I think you’ll see him put his words into action against Canelo on May 5.

Comment

I rarely agree with Sulaiman, but in this case I do. GGG just needs to suck it up and get prepared for the rematch. If not, he's going to soil the promotion by making it sound like a farce... causing less tix to be sold. There's a few lines you never cross in building up ANY promotion, and GGG's people need to tell him to cool his heels immediately. If Canelo has the meat issue fixed, that should be the end of it. If not, NSAC needs to not allow the rematch. Simple. Either way, GGG going all spastic isn't helping anything.

Comment

how dare GGG gets outraged by his opponent's failed ped test, right?

GGG is a bad boy

Comment

Everybody has their limits, Golovkin's had a bunch of opportunities to get angry at Canelo in the past, this is obviously the straw (more like the brick, maybe) that broke the camel's back. Golovkin's probably been more patient than I would have been in his shoes.

Comment

How many fuking times is Sillyman going to defend a drug cheat. Getting old.

Comment

of course G is pissed. He was robbed in his first fight, and now Canello is given a free reign to cheat because the WBC and other sanctioning bodies want their payday. Who wouldn't be pissed??

Comment

Stfu, he's standing up for himself and his sport golden bollox have been fukin around with fights for too long and by ggg giving out he's brought canelo out now saying he's gonna fuk ggg up and ggg is flexing also now the world is gonna want to watch these two break each other up, but the only one getting broke is canelo

Comment

Canelo has really blown it for himself now as well. Even if he beats GGG, it will be a tainted win as people will always be unsure if he was on PED's.
                      GGG is in a tough position if Canelo is cleared to fight. Take the moral high ground and lose millions, or risk a loss against a guy who potentially has an unfair advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X