Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Trainer Rejects Claims They Had Extra Time To Recover

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refs count and check in every fight .

They count to 8 ask the fighter to walk forward.
    Th as ts has always been the same .

Wilder was out onnhis feet in rd 7 and the dr and ref could have checked him in between rds but decided to wait for some wierd reason
    After the 1 minute break in a major fight giving wilder an additional 18 full seconds, not a quick moment.

18 full seconds is a long time to recover and a whole different thing than a ref counting and asking a fighter to walk towards him.

They literally called a TiMEOUT to fighting action
    Which was complete BS.

Paulie knew something was fishy
    I knew something was fishy
    Millions of people knew something was fishy.

Lets call it what it really was , buying time
    For wilder to recover in the hopes he can recover to comeback and win . We all know boxing is corrupt in so many ways , we all know the A side to a promotion gets all the perks.

we all know wilder wasnt really winning that fight on the cards before the knockout, but yet somehow the judges had him down.

There is a certain Group of fight fans on this message board who cant be humble and tell the truth , who cant admit wilder was gifted more time on an actual Timeout in boxing in a major fight.

I thought there was no timeouts in boxing.
    Wilder said he would have beat tyson , did he mean with timeouts or without. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post

Wilder was out onnhis feet in rd 7 and the dr and ref could have checked him in between rds but decided to wait for some wierd reason
      After the 1 minute break in a major fight giving wilder an additional 18 full seconds, not a quick moment.

18 full seconds is a long time to recover and a whole different thing than a ref counting and asking a fighter to walk towards him.

Which was complete BS.

For wilder to recover in the hopes he can recover to comeback and win . We all know boxing is corrupt in so many ways , we all know the A side to a promotion gets all the perks.

we all know wilder wasnt really winning that fight on the cards before the knockout, but yet somehow the judges had him down.

There is a certain Group of fight fans on this message board who cant be humble and tell the truth , who cant admit wilder was gifted more time on an actual Timeout in boxing in a major fight.

If Ortiz never tried to be aggressive at the start of the 8th how do we know this extra time (roughly 10 seconds by my estimation) actually aided Wilder?

Also, I hear that what transpired is actually NYSAC policy. What say you to that?

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        If Ortiz never tried to be aggressive at the start of the 8th how do we know this extra time (roughly 10 seconds by my estimation) actually aided Wilder?

Also, I hear that what transpired is actually NYSAC policy. What say you to that?

It was 18 full seconds

Are you saying extra rest and recover time is a bad thing for the hurt man ?

Are you saying when any fighter gets punched and hurt boxing should call a timeout after the 1 minute break like they did for wilder?

Wouldnt that mean the ref and dr didnt think wilder was ready to continue ? Them having to call a timeout to check after a 1 min break would mean that didnt think he could continue when the bell rung to to start the 8th rd.

Think abkut any timeout in any other sport. Why is a time out used?

To stop momentum , because the opponent or team cant continue at the moment , to rest .

Right ?

Comment

People making a big deal about Wilder supposedly getting more time because the doctor checked on him at the start of the round. Is this the first boxing fight you guys see because I've seen plenty fights where the dr checks a fighter at the start of the round. Never saw people make a big deal about it but I guess since it's a fighter they hate they have to bring it up.

Comment

Which was complete BS.

I guess you never seen a dr stop a fight in the middle of the round to check on a fighter. I've seen plenty of fights where dr's have came in to check on fighters when the rounds has started. Nothing new there and I'm not even a Wilder fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              It's mathematically impossible for Ortiz to win this fight on the scorecards without at least one knock down.

Just the two rounds where Ortiz got knocked down alone give Wilder 5 points already, and you can't tell me he won only those two rounds or wasn't gonna carry on and drop Ortiz a few more times in the next two rounds.

Ortiz lost, plain and simple, and would have lost FAIRLY on the cards too.
              I agree that Ortiz lost fairly. I was actually rooting for Wilder. I just had Wilder behind at the time of the stoppage. I remember thinking starting the tenth round that if Ortiz could hang on and fight evenly, he will win. I was worried because I really want to see AJ vs Wilder. Peace.

Comment

It was 18 full seconds
                And Ortiz was given a full 20 seconds after one of the knockdowns.

That is just how things are in New York now. Doctors check you at the start of the round and refs give you extra time after knockdowns. Standard policy. If you haven't watched many fights in NY lately, then maybe that's why you thought this was out of the ordinary.

Comment

It was 18 full seconds

Are you saying extra rest and recover time is a bad thing for the hurt man ?

Are you saying when any fighter gets punched and hurt boxing should call a timeout after the 1 minute break like they did for wilder?

Wouldnt that mean the ref and dr didnt think wilder was ready to continue ? Them having to call a timeout to check after a 1 min break would mean that didnt think he could continue when the bell rung to to start the 8th rd.

Think abkut any timeout in any other sport. Why is a time out used?

To stop momentum , because the opponent or team cant continue at the moment , to rest .

Right ?
                  Wilder nor his team called a timeout. The ringside doctor performed his duty of checking a fighter he deemed at risk, prior to the start of the round.

You responded to my questions with questions. Seems like you want to make a argument but that argument only works if you ignore the fact that Ortiz was not aggressive at the beginning of the 8th. You also want to ignore that the ringside doctor likely was following NYSAC policy, which would also debunk your conspiracy theory.

Sure, every second of rest and recovery helps in sports, especially boxing, but there is absolutely no guarantee that Ortiz was gonna finish Wilder had the doctor not checked Wilder after he left his corner.

Clean fight, clean win for Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by robbie barrett View Post
                    all those "leap holes" he been jumping through.
                    at some point in your pathetic life u should try growing up brother. It helps

Comment

Thats just stupid of Deas to say. OF COURSE Wilder got extra time to recovery.

But those are the NY rules post-the $22M Magomed lawsuit they lost like it or not. Wilder, Ortiz or Deas don't got sh^t to do with it so its not there fault or anything, but clearly the ref took Wilder to the Doctor to check him over when that cut into fighting time.

Comment

Working...
                      X