No announcement yet.

joshua's worst nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joshua's worst nightmare

I know its been talked about in other threads already.But last nite I thought about it a little more Joshua's stamina is REALLY BAD.Think about it that fight was fought at Joshua's pace all night(until very late)and he still gassed.Thats a big deal it means he was able to stop and get a breather whenever he wanted.Thats huge(mental and physical).If he was in there with somone with a very good chin,decent power and a real desire to win he would have been in a world of trouble.If he was fightin say a naturally 2in 20pd bigger version of Ray Mercer he would have lost.

Originally posted by john l View Post
    I thought about it a little more Joshua's stamina is REALLY BAD.Think about it that fight was fought at Joshua's pace all night(until very late)and he still gassed.
    Yep. Keep seeing people say Joshua was winning all the rounds. People need to go back and look at rds 7, 8, & 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yep. Keep seeing people say Joshua was winning all the rounds. People need to go back and look at rds 7, 8, & 9.
      Joshua was really gassed in them rounds but Takam never really sold out.I think Joshua's power early kept him at Joshua space most of fight.I only gave him the 7th and one more.And I think AJ would have won but that was real quick stop and AJ was not completely out of danger.

Comment

Joshua was really gassed in them rounds but Takam never really sold out.I think Joshua's power early kept him at Joshua space most of fight.I only gave him the 7th and one more.And I think AJ would have won but that was real quick stop and AJ was not completely out of danger.
        I would've liked to see how that round ended. In previous later rds Joshua would flurry and get winded. Joshua's punches were losing steam. Takam didn't have the power to end Joshua but I would've loved to see it go 12 rds. We know Takam was built for 12 rds. Would've been nice to see if Joshua was to.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I would've liked to see how that round ended. In previous later rds Joshua would flurry and get winded. Joshua's punches were losing steam. Takam didn't have the power to end Joshua but I would've loved to see it go 12 rds. We know Takam was built for 12 rds. Would've been nice to see if Joshua was to.
          I think he had him shy enough to survive but your right it would have been interesting.Man I hope they don't put off Joshua vs Wilder for long I don't want either to lose until they meet.Still think it would be GREAT FOR BOXING.20-0 20kos vs 39 0 38 kos(if wilder stops BS like he should).Two guys would then be able to say they knocked out EVERYONE they fought.

Comment

The guy is built like a wannabe worlds strongest man competitor. He's gonna have career long stamina problems. Mfers built like Joshua aren't running many marathons. So the key to beating him will lie in most HWs taking him rounds and taking him out later on or outboxing him.

A bigger or stronger guy might be able to stamp him out or catch him, but I don't think many HWs are equipped for that.

I think that Big Baby fight would be interesting for that reason. I think Big Baby gets to the later rounds and from there I'd be curious what he could do in the later rounds. I'd favor Joshua, but I'd give Big Baby solid upset potential.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              The guy is built like a wannabe worlds strongest man competitor. He's gonna have career long stamina problems. Mfers built like Joshua aren't running many marathons. So the key to beating him will lie in most HWs taking him rounds and taking him out later on or outboxing him.

A bigger or stronger guy might be able to stamp him out or catch him, but I don't think many HWs are equipped for that.

I think that Big Baby fight would be interesting for that reason. I think Big Baby gets to the later rounds and from there I'd be curious what he could do in the later rounds. I'd favor Joshua, but I'd give Big Baby solid upset potential.
              It's looking at though that'll be Joshua achilles heel - fighting a guy who can take the fight to the later rounds, and continue to keep power in his shots.

Takam certainly had the chin to go the distance, it was made of ****ing granite. He just lacked pop in his punches to really put a hurting on a gassed AJ.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                It's looking at though that'll be Joshua achilles heel - fighting a guy who can take the fight to the later rounds, and continue to keep power in his shots.

Takam certainly had the chin to go the distance, it was made of ****ing granite. He just lacked pop in his punches to really put a hurting on a gassed AJ.
                And lacked a real killer instinct.I think Joshua can improve a lot if puts down the heavy weights and gets back down to 240ish

Comment

And lacked a real killer instinct.I think Joshua can improve a lot if puts down the heavy weights and gets back down to 240ish
                  Agreed, he's got more than enough power to trouble the toughest in the business - Takam has a granite chin but he was still taking a beating.

The 1 or 2% power gained from the extra bulk, simply isn't worth what he loses in quickness and stamina.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                    Agreed, he's got more than enough power to trouble the toughest in the business - Takam has a granite chin but he was still taking a beating.

The 1 or 2% power gained from the extra bulk, simply isn't worth what he loses in quickness and stamina.
                    Could not agree more.

Comment

Working...
                    X