Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coach teaches kids about privilege with a simple game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the point of it? Are we supposed to lower our expectations for black people because they lack privilege? Treat em differently? Donate money to them? I just don't know where this all leads to?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
      Lmao how u been boomass kneega?
      Been keepin it trill, ya heard meh?

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        What is the point of it? Are we supposed to lower our expectations for black people because they lack privilege? Treat em differently? Donate money to them? I just don't know where this all leads to?
        Lmao, op wont answer that question

Comment

It leads to the victimhood and entitlement mentality we've been slowly cultivating the past few years in this country.

Comment

The point is to just illustrate the advantages certain people have when they are born and how those advantages give you a huge head start over those not as fortunate.

For example, it shows how some school districts have the resources to pay for advanced equipment, modern books, and supplies that allow for more modern teaching techniques compared with other districts that have fewer resources and more needs for the kids.

Ideally, it would lead to a long term evening out of resources such that the schools in poorer districts (with less housing and thus less resources since housing taxes are the main source for public school resources) have the same things that schools in the rich districts have.

Evening out resources levels the playing field and reduces the gap between those with and those without, as the example illustrated.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
              A reminder to whom?
              To everyone that watches it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                The point is to just illustrate the advantages certain people have when they are born and how those advantages give you a huge head start over those not as fortunate.

For example, it shows how some school districts have the resources to pay for advanced equipment, modern books, and supplies that allow for more modern teaching techniques compared with other districts that have fewer resources and more needs for the kids.

Ideally, it would lead to a long term evening out of resources such that the schools in poorer districts (with less housing and thus less resources since housing taxes are the main source for public school resources) have the same things that schools in the rich districts have.

Evening out resources levels the playing field and reduces the gap between those with and those without, as the example illustrated.

But we've done this in the past and still do now.
                I work in education. We work with communities all over the city to provide funding for poorer schools. We provide an unbelievable amount of private funding for poorer public schools to try and close the financial gap, and the results never really change by much. Those school students continue to struggle, and the others continue to succeed.

Comment

Your entire post is a thinly veiled hate crime...

This is one of the biggest problems I have with social justice people today. To merely question the narrative that is being presented, is considered a "hate crime" in their worldview.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
                    But we've done this in the past and still do now.
                    I work in education. We work with communities all over the city to provide funding for poorer schools. We provide an unbelievable amount of private funding for poorer public schools to try and close the financial gap, and the results never really change by much. Those school students continue to struggle, and the others continue to succeed.
                    I hear you. But it takes a very long time dude.

In many of the poorest schools, the resources are used on food and security to offset the lack of food kids get at home and to keep them insulated from daily urban life while trying to learn.

I know you know this but you are trying to change behaviors of children whose families have been impoverished for 3-4 generations. It's unrealistic that things will change immediately. But IMO that doesn't mean you don't make an effort.

Once you get that one generation to go to college, you will change everything going forward.

Comment

Bit of a **** video then ain't it??

Why not have a video reminding us the sky is blue??
                      If you didn't get anything out of the video, ok.

I think it's a good illustrates of societal advantages.

Comment

Working...
                      X