Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Margarito packing plaster vs Maravilla Martinez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Demonio1023 View Post
    Some people are still in complete denial about this. Margarito had just KOed Cotto, and Cotto was undefeated at that time and no one had anything for him. Margarito's next fight was with Mosley, 37 years old at the time, when he was caught with the wraps. He was hurting everyone before Mosley, but all of a sudden, he couldn't even beat a worn out Mosley, let alone hurt him? After the wrap scandal he has not KOed anyone! He was ballsy enough to try and put the wraps on while Naseem was watching. You guys forget that they made him take off the original wraps, because they were finished wrapping him with Naseem came in, then they tried to wrap him again with plaster in front of Naseem. If he was confident enough to do it in front of him, then surely he has done it in the past. There is a documentary where a guy states he is blind in one eye because Margarito had used plaster on him during sparring.
    Mosley was PI$$ED too...he couldn't hurt Shane because he hardly landed a clean shot...Shane beat absolute **** out of that cheating cyclops pr1ck and then Manny finished him off...ive never enjoyed watching a man get hurt so much in my life watching both fights...pure justice.

Comment

Originally posted by True That View Post
      Great point. Normal punches with gloves don't rip and shred ears apart like that. Not even Mike Tyson's biting of Holyfield's ear looked as bad as Lujan's ear.

if he had a cauliflower ear prior to the fight or developed swelling it's possible that a thumb could have brust it. seen it in other combat sports where bascially everybody has cauliflower ears from wrestling.

that said, it's a known cheating f#ck who got popped by an athletic commission and suspended, so i agree that it was probably a product of tampering.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
        Mosley was PI$$ED too...he couldn't hurt Shane because he hardly landed a clean shot...Shane beat absolute **** out of that cheating cyclops pr1ck and then Manny finished him off...ive never enjoyed watching a man get hurt so much in my life watching both fights...pure justice.

cheating cyclops prick

war everybody that whooped his ass after he was caught

i feel the worst for cintron. the rest of these guys al made a ton of money in spite of the cheating. cintron's career basically never took off because of margarito. biggest shame to boxing was what could have been with miguel cotto. he was never the same after margarito, and still had a tremendous career. shows you how good he was.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
          Hmmm. I recall marg getting caught with something inside his glove and subsequently gettting suspended by the professional commission due to the substance in his gloves. I could be misrecalling doe. Someone please confirm my recollection or refresh my memory.
          I think they found a sponge in the wrapping as well which makes things look real bad imo. Plaster on just wraps would likely crack and fall apart, plaster hardening a sponge would definitely pack a punch.

Comment

Well, he did drop Robert Garcia on his comeback fight after the suspension, and Cotto said that his punches felt the same after the second fight

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
              yes he was pissed! If you look at the fight, Margarito landed a few good shots but with no effect on Mosley whatsoever!

Comment

Working...
              X