Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-19-2017, 11:44 PM #21
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5595 Post(s)
boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 41,242.36
Total Points: 59,165.52
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX consistent levelheaded objectivity - lefthook2daliva Keep terminating retards! - Krusher P4P #1 Good poster - -Weltschmerz- 
Good poster - MDPopescu Cheers to a good poster! - King Krusher Great Post! Ward fans are cheater fans. - anthonydavid11 Very good poster! - JK1700 Great post, man! Killing it! - anthonydavid11 

You are just quoting a handful of opinions. Each fight is different and each jab is different. GGG's jab is a real head snapper and equal to many guy's power punches. Jabs that land clean and hard mean plenty. A light tap of a jab doesn't mean much.
boliodogs is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-19-2017, 11:47 PM #22
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1410 Post(s)
RetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond reputeRetroSpeed05 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,093.93
Total Points: 20,345.15
Thanks for the Gonzalez vs Yaegashi stream! :-) - Tyler_Durden thank you :-) - DreamFYS 

Any punch not a jab is a power punch. But Garcia vs Herrera fight Herrera jab busted Dannys face more then any of Dannys "power punches" did.
RetroSpeed05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:21 AM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3276 Post(s)
revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,088.49
Total Points: 37,208.89
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
Not all jabs are the same, Golovkin's was far more superior than Jacobs'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
You are just quoting a handful of opinions. Each fight is different and each jab is different. GGG's jab is a real head snapper and equal to many guy's power punches. Jabs that land clean and hard mean plenty. A light tap of a jab doesn't mean much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroSpeed05 View Post
Any punch not a jab is a power punch. But Garcia vs Herrera fight Herrera jab busted Dannys face more then any of Dannys "power punches" did.
People. THERE IS NO FORCE MEASURE TO PUNCHES. CONNECT OR NO CONNECT. That's all.

A jab is a jab. Either it's effective (connects and nullifies) or it's not (doesn't connect, doesn't nullify).

Stop with your biased scoring metrics that don't exist. Fighter A who uses the jab to win the fight should be scored the exact same as Fighter B who uses the jab to win the fight. Otherwise you're BS'ing
revelated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 12:42 AM #24
It Was A Draw Doe!!!!

Quoted: 1943 Post(s)
SilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond reputeSilverMiles has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 12,021.81
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Years Bro! - Teetotaler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
People. THERE IS NO FORCE MEASURE TO PUNCHES. CONNECT OR NO CONNECT. That's all.

A jab is a jab. Either it's effective (connects and nullifies) or it's not (doesn't connect, doesn't nullify).

Stop with your biased scoring metrics that don't exist. Fighter A who uses the jab to win the fight should be scored the exact same as Fighter B who uses the jab to win the fight. Otherwise you're BS'ing
What a stupid post. You can use your eyes and see the effectiveness of the punch.

Let me help you out.

If the jab lands and the other guy barely flinches, it was weak.

If the jab lands and the other guy head snaps back and his eyes cross it was strong.

You want to change the way scoring occurs because you can't keep up.

Revelated: Hey guys my name is Revelated and I wanted know if you guys could maybe keep this scoring simple. Like make it where all punches are equal so if would be more fair and simple and stuff.

Me: NO!
SilverMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:37 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

revelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond reputerevelated has a reputation beyond repute
Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps Easily one of the best posters on the forum! - JK1700 One of the more knowledgable ones here - 1bad65 Love ur avatar pic - 7not8 &quot;I didn't see the fight as I'm into the subscription model yet&quot;. Why comment then you fkn moron! - Boxing Goat 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMiles View Post
If the jab lands and the other guy barely flinches, it was weak.

If the jab lands and the other guy head snaps back and his eyes cross it was strong.
And does CompuBox care? No.

Is "Punch Force" a scoring criteria? No.

Is "Punch Velocity" a scoring criteria? No.

Is "Punch Weight" a scoring criteria? No.

You have

Ring Generalship
Effective Aggression
Effective Defense
Accuracy - Punches landed vs. punches thrown

Show me anywhere in that where there's a "Fighter A hit this hard" metric.

Now, you could throw harder jabs so you can control the pace of the fight by nullifying your opponent (Mayweather/Pacquiao). Or you could throw a lot of lesser jabs to keep your opponent off you (Tyson/Holyfield). In no circumstances does the power of the jab alone dictate a fight.

You either connect with it or you don't. Period point blank.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:43 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2901 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 34,496.98
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Floyd wins fight after fight with pot shottng pity patjabs. If it's good enough for him why not for ggg? Ggg jabs snaped head.
Ggg showing he's versatile not just hunting you down with power punches but he can impersonate Floyd as well once in a while depending on opponent.
Floyd does the same **** every fight

Last edited by hugh grant; 03-21-2017 at 09:51 PM.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:00 PM #27
bo jungle

Quoted: 2518 Post(s)
bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.24
Total Points: 54,528.44
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
GO BUCS! - Hi Rudyo! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Childhood Cancer - jas 

There's a lot more to it than that.

Fighters like Golovkin and Wlad have jabs which land like power punches. Thurman used his more as a rangefinder and a rhythm breaker without really intending to cause damage. He didn't win the fight with his jab, he won it by landing effective power punches.

There is way too much context needed before you can judge the importance of a jab in scoring a fight.
bojangles1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:06 PM #28
Interim Champion

Quoted: 496 Post(s)
cork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to beholdcork is a splendid one to behold
Total Points: 9,683.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelated View Post
Mayweather/Pacquiao: "Nah bruh, you can't win a fight with just a jab"/"The pitty pat punches, it's not enough! It's not enough to win the fight!"

Garcia/Thurman: "Garcia won that, all Thurman did was jab and run"

Holyfield/Valuev: "The right man won, all Holyfield did was jab"

Yet...

Klitschko/Fury: "Klitschko won that fight, his jab controlled it!"

Golovkin/Jacobs: "Golovkin clearly controlled the fight with his jab, that's why he won doe"

Eubank/Saunders: "Eubank got exposed, Saunders' jab was in Eubank's face all night long"

Make up your mind. Either an effective jab wins the fight or it doesn't.
I'm not sure why you generalize the forum as a whole but I'm pretty consistent with how I look at fights. I haven't seen anyone saying Garcia beat Thurman btw nor did Thurman threw jabs during that fight.
cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:08 PM #29
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2901 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,099.40
Total Points: 34,496.98
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

If ggg didn't win his fight as his jabs don't count. Then Floyd has lost about half of his 49 fights
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:35 AM #30
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork View Post
I haven't seen anyone saying Garcia beat Thurman btw nor did Thurman threw jabs during that fight.
Then you weren't paying attention shortly after the fight where people accused Thurman of barely throwing after round 3 and resorting to just light taps (jabs) on the backfoot.

Yet GGG does the same damn thing in round 8 and somehow he's dominant.

Share This With Friends

Tags
jabs., make, mind, people

User Tag List