No announcement yet.

Rate Broner’s chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I dunno man that left hook Maidana caught Broner with in round 2 would of dropped nearly any welterweight including Porter.

Thurman’s power is massively overrated IMO, his best KO win is probably that Argentinian Chavez or a blown up, shot Julio Diaz. As soon as his competition stepped up the KO’s stopped.

Both have good chins though no disputing that.
    Thurman's power early on isn't overrated though. He has serious heavy hands. But the longer the fight goes on, the less consistent his offense gets and he just settles for decision wins.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
      Thurman's power early on isn't overrated though. He has serious heavy hands. But the longer the fight goes on, the less consistent his offense gets and he just settles for decision wins.
      I think it is, he’s never taken anyone out early who I can consider a credible opponent. The only two semi legitimate opponents he’s taken out early are Quintana and Diaz who were both literally taking a last pay day before retiring.

Comment

He can take a hell of a punch. Its his best boxing ability which isn't saying much.

Comment

I think it is, he’s never taken anyone out early who I can consider a credible opponent. The only two semi legitimate opponents he’s taken out early are Quintana and Diaz who were both literally taking a last pay day before retiring.
          Thurman drops or hurts fighters early on even if he doesn't stop them, just look at Bundu/DSG. And he even buzzed Porter early on. He has heavier hands than say a Spence.

Comment

he got a chin but pac didnt really land anything good to test it. the 7th and 9th werent clean punches. they were off balance a lil. pac never really landed anything clean full shot coming in good balance. didnt threw the signature lean to the side straight left at all either.

Comment

Thurman drops or hurts fighters early on even if he doesn't stop them, just look at Bundu/DSG. And he even buzzed Porter early on. He has heavier hands than say a Spence.
              No way! Spence hits way harder. Spence has stopped legit fighters like Peterson and Brook. Thurman hasn’t. Thurman couldn’t even stop 40 yr old Bundu, Spence iced him. Come on man that’s nonsense, Spence clearly hits harder

Comment

No way! Spence hits way harder. Spence has stopped legit fighters like Peterson and Brook. Thurman hasn’t. Thurman couldn’t even stop 40 yr old Bundu, Spence iced him. Come on man that’s nonsense, Spence clearly hits harder
                Okay, so Spence stopping those guys doesn't necessarily mean he hits harder. Spence is a consistent offensive fighter from round 1 til the end. He's going to continue bringing the heat and break you down. Thurman is a front runner in the sense early on he will go for the kill, and if he can't get it, then he gets inconsistent with his attack and just boxes for a decision. Thurman put Bundu down in the first round, and to this day Bundu says Thurman hits harder than Spence. Algieri says Provodnikov hits harder than Spence. And I don't think these guys are just hating on Spence, but just telling the truth. Peterson described it best saying Spence hits you at 70% with every single shot in every round and eventually it just breaks you down.

Comment

Okay, so Spence stopping those guys doesn't necessarily mean he hits harder. Spence is a consistent offensive fighter from round 1 til the end. He's going to continue bringing the heat and break you down. Thurman is a front runner in the sense early on he will go for the kill, and if he can't get it, then he gets inconsistent with his attack and just boxes for a decision. Thurman put Bundu down in the first round, and to this day Bundu says Thurman hits harder than Spence. Algieri says Provodnikov hits harder than Spence. And I don't think these guys are just hating on Spence, but just telling the truth. Peterson described it best saying Spence hits you at 70% with every single shot in every round and eventually it just breaks you down.
                  That’s just Bundu and Algieri being salty cause they got KTFO, Thurman dropped him with a sharp counter and he recovered quickly whilst Spence rendered him unconscious. There’s is absolutely no valid evidence to suggest Thurman hits harder than Spence.
                  I mean who has Thurman ever KO’d to suggest he’s a puncher?

Comment

That’s just Bundu and Algieri being salty cause they got KTFO, Thurman dropped him with a sharp counter and he recovered quickly whilst Spence rendered him unconscious. There’s is absolutely no valid evidence to suggest Thurman hits harder than Spence.
                    I mean who has Thurman ever KO’d to suggest he’s a puncher?
                    I don't think that is them being salty at all. Algieri speaks VERY highly of Spence and says he will beat Crawford who he has ranked P4P best in the world.

Again, Thurman not getting stoppages lately doesn't mean he doesn't have heavier hands. Spence is a more consistent offensive fighter who keeps coming from the opening bell.

Thurman buzzing DSG/Porter early in fights while dropping guys like Bundu shows he has very good power....At least early on. Spence has that accumulating power where he just grinds you down. And obviously it helps he actually goes to the body as much as he does opposed to Thurman.

Comment

I don't think that is them being salty at all. Algieri speaks VERY highly of Spence and says he will beat Crawford who he has ranked P4P best in the world.

Again, Thurman not getting stoppages lately doesn't mean he doesn't have heavier hands. Spence is a more consistent offensive fighter who keeps coming from the opening bell.

Thurman buzzing DSG/Porter early in fights while dropping guys like Bundu shows he has very good power....At least early on. Spence has that accumulating power where he just grinds you down. And obviously it helps he actually goes to the body as much as he does opposed to Thurman.
                      Spence has proved his power to be legit by icing durable guys like Bundu and Algieri and by stopping good fighters like Peterson and Brook. Thurman hasn’t done that.

Who has Thurman stopped?
                      Most of his stoppage wins
                      come from accumulative damage as opposed to raw power.

I don’t buy into Thurman’s power whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                      X