No announcement yet.

Golovkin No Longer with Loeffler?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    Even then he can still go network to network. Can have someone do the negotiating for him and doesn't need to lock in with one network/promoter. And Loeffler supposedly was only on a fight to fight basis with him anyways. So technically Loeffler can still be his promoter on certain fights. But it is clear that Loeffler doesn't have much say in what Golovkin decides to do next.
    GGG is like Cotto at the very end of his career. He took the big money from RNS then when that was a big money loser they let him go. That’s how he got to GBP at the end.

GGG is physically closer to his prime than Cotto but I think he wants the security of money plus big fights. That’s where DAZN comes in. If he signs today that gives Jacobs more reason to come aboard too.

Canelo 3, Jacobs 2 (and possibly 3), Andrade, and Munguía is a no brainer to finish his career plus Callum Smith if he wants to go to 168.

I’m not so sure Haymon throws Jermall in with him unless he gets some sort of guarantee he gets at least one more fight.

That fight isn’t even on a Wilder-Fury level money wise

Comment

I would hate to see this as Loeffler did more for GGG than any other promoter could have. He took him from unknown fighter from KZ and became one of the biggest ticket sellers on both coasts and got highest ratings on HBO. Not his fault the judges in Vegas scores badly in both fights and even now GGG is more popular than ever. Hope this news isn’t true

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        GGG is like Cotto at the very end of his career. He took the big money from RNS then when that was a big money loser they let him go. That’s how he got to GBP at the end.

GGG is physically closer to his prime than Cotto but I think he wants the security of money plus big fights. That’s where DAZN comes in. If he signs today that gives Jacobs more reason to come aboard too.

Canelo 3, Jacobs 2 (and possibly 3), Andrade, and Munguía is a no brainer to finish his career plus Callum Smith if he wants to go to 168.

I’m not so sure Haymon throws Jermall in with him unless he gets some sort of guarantee he gets at least one more fight.

That fight isn’t even on a Wilder-Fury level money wise
        Of course, that's why I've been saying he will choose DAZN. If he wants to stay at 160, that is the way to go. If he wants to go up to 168 eventually? Then more options open up, but DAZN can still offer him the Callum Smith showdown if he wants it.

Jacobs will still go to DAZN, at least for the time being even if GGG signs elsewhere...As long as he gets the Canelo showdown. If he doesn't get the Canelo fight? Then obviously he could very well go elsewhere as well. This is why I'm interested in seeing how Canelo's contract with DAZN is written. How much of an influence does DAZN have on his future opponents? I remember when Floyd signed his deal, there was talk of him having to fight Canelo early on as SHO was adamant of getting that fight in the six fight deal, preferably early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kali_KO View Post
          I would hate to see this as Loeffler did more for GGG than any other promoter could have. He took him from unknown fighter from KZ and became one of the biggest ticket sellers on both coasts and got highest ratings on HBO. Not his fault the judges in Vegas scores badly in both fights and even now GGG is more popular than ever. Hope this news isn’t true
          It doesn't mean Loeffler still can't promote him on certain fights or all his fights for that matter. Just that he is making his decision on what network to fight on his own. Loeffler did do good with GGG no doubt. He turned his broken English into catchphrases he used to sell his brand aka Big Drama Show.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            I totally agree
            It’s inevitable that at this moment in his career , Sanchez cannot be coaching anything new or helpful
            GGG would probably rejuvenate himself with a new trainer
            One thing for sure , it wouldn’t be a step backwards

GGG was Gennady before Abel transformed him, and shifted GGG's fighting style to that of Mexican fighters.

He was your everyday Eastern Euro jabbing his way to victories no one cared about.

However, I do agree, Abel and GGG might need a rejuvenation and better off going there separate ways.

On the other hand, GGG is older and what will a new coach offer? GGG is GGG, he's not going to change. I think he's still capable of beating Charlo, which is the match he should seek.

Comment

I posted this in another forum.

Interesting, I wonder what this means. If he went to DAZN, Loeffler could have still co-promoted with him like others have done. ESPN seems to be Top Rank only, and the PBC seem like a bunch of free agents with occasional guys signed to RingStar, Mayweather Promotions, Dibella, etc.

So I'd lean toward 40% DAZN, 40% PBC, 20% ESPN. DAZN has all of the middleweights still, but that recent news brings up the PBC's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdonalds View Post
                Imagine if he signs with PBC
                Why PBC sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                  I posted this in another forum.

Interesting, I wonder what this means. If he went to DAZN, Loeffler could have still co-promoted with him like others have done. ESPN seems to be Top Rank only, and the PBC seem like a bunch of free agents with occasional guys signed to RingStar, Mayweather Promotions, Dibella, etc.

So I'd lean toward 40% DAZN, 40% PBC, 20% ESPN. DAZN has all of the middleweights still, but that recent news brings up the PBC's chances.
                  If he went to ESPN, then Loeffler could have still promoted him. TR is interested in fights and not necessarily signing the actual fighter...Though that is obviously preferred. But that's why they will go after good fights with having no horse in the race.

I'd break down the percentages as: 60% DAZN 30% PBC 10% ESPN.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Thug View Post
                    He should have dropped UnAbel Sanchez instead. That guy can't coach for ****
                    He's had several world champs and a hofer in terry norris. He turned gassiev into a world champ. Yah he sucks balls as a coach.

Comment

That's why I didn't take Loeffler seriously when he said GGG is not fighting Charlo.
                      Glovkin is on his own now.
                      Haymon needs to offer Gennady the Charlo fight ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                      X