Comments Thread For: Marcos Maidana Not Planning To Return To The Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by JWHardin View Post
      Good for Maidana, and don't blame him. He would have some trouble with today's top welters.

I'm still a little pissed at him for being such a dirty MF in the first Floyd fight, but more pissed at the idiot ref for letting it happen. The second fight though, with a quality ref, made them have a boxing match the way it is supposed to be, and Maidana got schooled.
      Maidana is a handful for any welter, including Floyd.

Comment

Quote:
        Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
        So the first fight hurt your feelings cuz your idol got a bit roughed up.

Then the second fight Bayless obviously was paid off to protect your precious Floydie.

LOL

No dip stick. I said what happened exactly the way it was.
        LOL.... if Floydie wasn't the head ducker he was certainly the biggest cry baby ever. Wouldn't even let Marcos use his favorite gloves.

Comment

Good for Maidana, and don't blame him. He would have some trouble with today's top welters.

I'm still a little pissed at him for being such a dirty MF in the first Floyd fight, but more pissed at the idiot ref for letting it happen. The second fight though, with a quality ref, made them have a boxing match the way it is supposed to be, and Maidana got schooled.
          clinching non stop is not a boxing match.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Maidana is a handful for any welter, including Floyd.
            cept devon alexander

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Then the second fight Bayless obviously was paid off to protect your precious Floydie.

LOL

LOL.... if Floydie wasn't the head ducker he was certainly the biggest cry baby ever. Wouldn't even let Marcos use his favorite gloves.
              Used horse hair gloves wrapped in saran wrap. I'm glad they weren't as dumb as you to fall for that.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                clinching non stop is not a boxing match.
                You are right. Neither is wrestling, which is what Maidana was trying to do. Most tie ups are the result of one boxer attempting to wrestle instead of box. If that was the objective they would have a ring the size of a phone booth.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff

LOL

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JWHardin View Post
                  No dip stick. I said what happened exactly the way it was.

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff

Used horse hair gloves wrapped in saran wrap. I'm glad they weren't as dumb as you to fall for that.
                  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh wow... wotz next squire.... they had steel spikes coming outta them? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'll always remember Maidana for embarrassing Broner and destroying Ortiz.

Also, out of Mayweather's last 10 opponents starting from Berto to Marquez, I thought Maidana in the first fight gave the best effort against Mayweather. Even coming awfully close to winning.

Comment

I disagree floyd couldn't handle the pressure that style always gave him trouble castillo did the same thing and beat him. the second fight the ref did not uphold any rules for floyd and that allowed for him to excessively hold maidana which made it a very boring fight. there was no schooling.

Comment

Working...
                      X