Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder-Fury Rematch Deal Being Sorted Out, Says Frank Warren

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Agreed that getting back to his old peak is in question. Question is when does that year start? From when he first decided to come back? From the Pianeta fight? My view is that by the time the Wilder fight came around, he was back to normal fitness levels and not in weight loss mode, thus close to whatever peak he will have in his 30s.
    By the time he started camp for Wilder he'd had just 2 weeks rest after training continously to lose weight for around 8 months. So a year more after that is what was really needed.

I realise Wilder fans want to believe that Deontay just fought a peak form Fury. But expert opinion, and what I saw with my own eyes, tells me that wasn't the case.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      By the time he started camp for Wilder he'd had just 2 weeks rest after training continously to lose weight for around 8 months. So a year more after that is what was really needed.

I realise Wilder fans want to believe that Deontay just fought a peak form Fury. But expert opinion, and what I saw with my own eyes, tells me that wasn't the case.
      Why do you guys think that any differing opinions have to be motivated by fandom? Its lazy discussion.

From what you are saying is that Fury should have had a two year an to lose the weight, then maintain and refresh. Is that what the experts that you use said?

I'm going by how Fury looked, what he said, and what I know about training as an athlete. Can he get better? Sure. Will he? Who knows if he can access that extra gear. All I know is for a trained athlete 8 months is plenty of time to properly lose 100 pounds without degrading the body in a manner for which it takes a year to recuperate.

Comment

Great news. But they they better not hire Jack Reiss!

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          LOL, wrong Wilderite! You never heard me say that. When AJ declined the $50 mil offer I was content with the terms that Wilder had agreed to; By fighting him on his own soil, no guarantee, or rematch clause and the $15 mil flat fee. I didn't care where the venue was just as long there was a fight. However at the eleventh hour Joshua withdrew that offer when Wilder accepted it and chose to fight Povetkin instead. You see there? You picked the wrong fanboy. You're losing it now Anthony. You're losing it. I'm only teasing.
          Lololololol

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            The lineal belt holds the key to the city. How much did Wilder and Fury earn again? Have the financially confirmed it? Either way it was a great fight but both their purses combineddidnt equal up to what AJ earned against Povetkin so he isn’t irrelevant just yet
            The wilder fury rematch in Vegas will make more than any AJ fight has.

Comment

Fùck the money you mong. You're going to get robbed here agin. Rematch in the UK and get the win. Longer money that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                Great news. But they they better not hire Jack Reiss!
                Fùck off you dumb motherfùcker. The count was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
                  The wilder fury rematch in Vegas will make more than any AJ fight has.
                  Just going to Vegas alone doesn’t guarantee that, you need the relevant backers for it to happen.

TO be clear though you would expect fury and wilder to be right up there as such big contenders.

Whether it is more or less than AJ makes will probably be debatable as we don’t know all the incomes etc but I’m not so sure, without a substantial backer, I’m not convinced the popularity among casual fans is their yet to enable it. For context Joshua was able to offer wilder double his payday against fury to fight him April 13th in wembley (which wilder has turned down) therefore given that Joshua claims a higher than 50% split - it suggests the revenue needs to more than double the income from the first fight.
                  Last edited by Kezzer; 01-11-2019, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    The bet has nothing to do with you why are you concerning yourself?
                    Robbie Barrett bet me that Wilder's next opponent wouldn't be Fury or Joshua. Barrett believes it'll be Breazeale. If Barrett is correct, I have to finally reveal who I am and then quit this website forever. If Wilder does fight Fury or Joshua next, Robbie has to reveal his real name, post a picture of himself, etc and never post on this site ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      "Weight isn't the be all and end all for fitness"

Your words. Now, weight loss equals fitness so you don't have to admit that was an idiotic post. What makes it worse is that you're trying to tell me what another poster meant!
                      Yes because you brought up weight loss, he didn't, he was talking about Fury improving fitness. It's obvious what he meant and you didn't understand, because you're a dumb mother****er.

Comment

Working...
                      X