Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermall Charlo Decisions a Game Matt Korobov, Retains Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
    If I need to get a prescription refill or glasses, what the hell do you need?
    A Xanax from dealing with all the jackazzs like you!!! LMAO

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
      Charlo would still ko boopoo imho,he should face him to get his belt & jump the line to canelo payday,but I know he won't & will instead keep barking nonsense about being the best & ginger ducking him. My hope is that ggg will stop ducking him now after this & face him next as mandated,who knows maybe he finally gets that name on his resume hes supposedly craved so badly
      Dude he lost tonight. I don't care what the judges scored it he lost. He will get smoked by GGG or Canelo or both doesn't matter. Nobody is running from Charlo it's just he has not deserved to be in the same conversation yet. And at this point I doubt he ever will.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
        Jermall Charlo doesn't look good against southpaws because they take away his jab.He still would beat GGG and Canelo ass.
        While I may not agree that Charlo would win I can understand saying he might win. But there is absolutely nothing he did tonight that warrants your kind of prediction. You can’t seriously understand boxing and make that kind of statement.

I’d love to see Charlo against either guy. And maybe he wins but anyone saying he’d beat their ass is just nuthugging Charlo.

Comment

• Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
          If that is good I don't want to see what a fighter who is average or mediocre, what I would politely describe him as, looks like.

The thought now scares me.
          Charlo is good, but he doesn't have world class power, despite some impressive knockouts. He hit Korobov with some monstrous looking shots, but Korobov would be back on steady legs before the round was over. He looks to be a fighter that will fold when he can't be the bully. I don't think his handlers expected Korobov to be that much of a problem.

I thought the younger Charlo won, but he wasn't impressive either. Hurd looks like the better fighter to me right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
            Man these were supposed to be showcase fights with highlight reel knockouts and they both failed miserably to impress on their FOX debut.

Jermell looks like he tries so hard to punch hard. I think his power is overrated. He better stay at 154 because he has nothing for the big dawgs of 160.

Jermall is less skilled with more power. He lost for sure against a 35yr old with no power, taking the fight on 1 weeks notice, and hasn't fought in almost 2 years. Last meaningful fight he got ktfo.

The charlos are pure hype jobs padded records with nothibg but bums. I can't see Jermell doing anything past 154 and jermall looks like 160 will be his ceiling.

You can only fake the funk so long. The twins got exposed. Period
            What is strange is Korobov was knocking out/stopping everyone in the Amateurs Jacobs, Deveranchenko, Kovalev, Badou Jack, Usyck, as a Pro he does not seem to be a puncher,Look at the 2005 and 2007 World Amateur Championships he was either stopping them or winning one sided https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Korobov, I thought power was the last thing to go? He was hitting Charlo Clean many times.
            Last edited by djb914; 12-23-2018, 01:38 AM.

Comment

• This is the lion that was supposed to dethrone GGG? Canelo, Jacobs, BJS and Andrade would also be too much. Monroe might’ve outboxed him. Needs to develop more before he gets in over his head

Comment

• Originally posted by redmyth79 View Post
                Dude he lost tonight. I don't care what the judges scored it he lost. He will get smoked by GGG or Canelo or both doesn't matter. Nobody is running from Charlo it's just he has not deserved to be in the same conversation yet. And at this point I doubt he ever will.
                Ggg is mandated to face Charlo for a place in line vs Canelo,fact. Gggs manager has stated numerous times that he wants canelo(aka $$) again,but he doesn't want to fight Charlo to get it,thats a duck-fact. So even though I thought Charlo got a gift tonight & deserved to lose or at best tie,I still think Ggg was ready to duck him(its not official yet though & who knows if after tonight he changed his mind)

Comment

• Originally posted by djb914 View Post
                  What is strange is Korobov was knocking out/stopping everyone in the Amateurs Jacobs, Deveranchenko, Kovalev, Badou Jack, Usyck, as a Pro he does not seem to be a puncher,Look at the 2005 and 2007 World Amateur Championships he was either stopping them or winning one sided https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Korobov, I thought power was the last thing to go? He was hitting Charlo Clean many times.
                  Korobov's power came from speed. At 35, his speed has diminished. But mostly, in the pros, everyone is bigger. Jermall Charlo was a cruiserweight in the ring tonight. In terms of frame, he is a pro light heavyweight at 160. IMO the only reason he is so powerful at 154 and 160 is because he doesnt do drug testing, which IMO allows him to dehydrate and rehydrate in unnatural ways, allowing him to balloon up to a 10 lbs weight advantage in the ring vs guys like Korobov. Korobov's power still showed up, he was just hitting a cruiserweight with it so it didnt do ****. If rules are ever put into place that force Jermall to fight at his natural weight, his power wont be as good, and you will start seeing the power show up vs him. But Korobov, who probably weighed 173 to 176 lbs in the ring tonight, was never going to knock out Charlo, who looked possibly 190, certainly 185 lbs. He looked bigger than any middleweight I have seen in the ring since maybe the Pavlik/Taylor era at 160.

Comment

• And this is the dude that’s suppose to destroy a Canelo, ggg, Jacobs?? Lol man.. I mean I like the charlos but to say the top MW fear that is ludicrous! I hope all the Charlo **** riders realize that.

Comment

• Canelo probably licking his chops at having seen Charlo's performance. Cinnamon on another level it seems.

Comment

Working...
                      X