No announcement yet.

Only thing worse than watching Andre box is listening to him commentate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackclouds View Post
    So you make a thread about Andre Ward's commentating but not Timothy Bradley's bootlicking of everything toprank and Fury. I would have thought that would make even Fury fans uncomfortable how far Bradley was up his ass.
    Never really noticed Tim, for better or worse. All these commentators these days are company men for the most part, unfortunately. I did remember Tim having a similar opinion to mine in the Pac-Horn fight though so from that experience I don't think he is as biased as others I have seen. Never really heard/seen him be a sycophant but again I never really have paid attention to him.

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
    I am a big ward fan. From Olympics to beating kovalev soundly I think second fight.
    Yep stellar amateur career, hard to take that away from him.

Despite the controversy in the 2nd fight, I think you have to say Kov could have handled that situation better...but yeah unfortunately for me that 2nd fight was another in Andre's career where I didn't really see him separate from his opponent boxing-wise, while also having the fight end controversially/scored heavily in his favor. My 2 cents anyway.

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
    Honestly he's clever and seems like basically a good guy but there is something off-putting about him. Maybe he's just trying a little bit too hard at being a media-friendly personality since he's still new to that side of the business
    Yeah agreed - something just a bit off imo.

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    I like Ward's commentary. The insufferable one is Tim Bradley. He sucks big time.
    Got ya, thanks man.

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
    I want to backhand him and knock that smirk off his face. I never liked him as a fighter cuz he boring as hell and same on the mic. He is rubbish all around.
    Lol - I more or less share your sentiments, though probably not as aggressive about it as you are ;0

Comment

Andre Ward is very solid behind the mic. Not sure what all the complaints are all about. Breaks down stuff well and sees things others don't ahead of time. Is also able to put together his sentences much better than his partner Bradley. Only guy that ticks me off on that broadcast crew is Tessitore. He is a master of the hyperbole and every time Fury/Crawford/Lomachenko fight, he's never seen performances like that before LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
        Never really noticed Tim, for better or worse. All these commentators these days are company men for the most part, unfortunately. I did remember Tim having a similar opinion to mine in the Pac-Horn fight though so from that experience I don't think he is as biased as others I have seen. Never really heard/seen him be a sycophant but again I never really have paid attention to him.

Yep stellar amateur career, hard to take that away from him.

Despite the controversy in the 2nd fight, I think you have to say Kov could have handled that situation better...but yeah unfortunately for me that 2nd fight was another in Andre's career where I didn't really see him separate from his opponent boxing-wise, while also having the fight end controversially/scored heavily in his favor. My 2 cents anyway.

Yeah agreed - something just a bit off imo.

Got ya, thanks man.

Lol - I more or less share your sentiments, though probably not as aggressive about it as you are ;0
        I met him once at Fenton’s
        https://www.fentonscreamery.com/
        I was prolly sucking up like a fan boy.
        Post super 6.

I told him he made it look easy. He said Kessler punches hard,but froch punches even harder. E said it wasn’t any at all. We shook hands, and he and his family drove away.

Fenton’s is awesome.

Comment

Better than SRL......

Comment

they are paid to push a narrative and agenda its quite annoying. but I loved seeing ward fight. I enjoy all styles of boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
              they are paid to push a narrative and agenda its quite annoying. but I loved seeing ward fight. I enjoy all styles of boxing.
              You ever go to Fenton’s ice cream? 510 right ???

Comment

Originally posted by South Champion View Post
                Andre Ward and Timothy Bradley both fought in the amateurs when Ward was 14 and Bradley was 15. Ward won the fight by split decision.

Both Ward and Bradley have spoken about the fight in interviews and said it was a good tough fight, but it didn't sound like either guy had bad blood, quite the opposite actually.
                Ward and Bradley are good friends. They hangout alot, most of the time in their interviews you could always see Andre Ward or Bradley when in the background respectively when one of them are interviewed.

Comment

Ward is just insufferable all around. Arrogant dude

Comment

Im good with his commentary, good calls, tells you good tips here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Dude is insufferable imo...obviously a good boxing mind, but the way he tries to make his rather ordinary opinions out to be some revelationary stuff...I just can't with this dude lol.

Have to turn the fights on mute with him now...every time I see him or hear him talking I instantly think of Shook Ones by Mobb Deep lol...dude just is the epitome of a halfway crook imo.

Sorry just needed to get that off my chest, don't know if anyone else agrees, but the dude hardly ever keeps it real imo and I just wish ESPN would find a new boxing guy.
                      ... both Ward and Bradley are excellent boxing commentators... but, unfortunately, they were both awful on Saturday...

Comment

Working...
                      X