Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko Wants Mikey Garcia Fight Right After Pedraza

LAS VEGAS Bob Arum had another conversation recently with Robert Garcia regarding his younger brother boxing Vasiliy Lomachenko. The Hall-of-Fame promoter expressed to Mikey Garcia's older brother/trainer that he wants to begin negotiations for that fascinating fight right after Lomachenko defeats Jose Pedraza in their lightweight title unification fight. Ukraine's Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KOs), the WBA 135-pound champion, and Puerto Rico's Pedraza (25-1, 12 KOs), the WBO champion, are scheduled to square off December 8 in The Theater at Madison Square Garden (ESPN).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Take the commey fight. Then Loma. Then move up to wherever you want.

Comment

“The only conversation I had was with Robert,” Arum said. “I said, ‘Tell your brother to shut the ***** up. Lomachenko is fighting Pedraza in December. And if he wins, I promise you I’ll sit down with Mikey right after that fight and try to make a fight with Loma.’ That’s the best I can do. I’m not gonna sit [down with him] now and make the fight, when [Lomachenko] has a fight coming up. - Bob Arum

Yeah, I don't know if that's how you get it done? If Mikey really doesn't have the support of his family for Spence, then he should call Floyd, and see if he can get a fight with Tank Davis @ 135, even if that means vacating the IBF belt! It's not a PPV fight, but it would do well, and it would be awesome as an undercard fight if Mayweather vs. Pac 2 is real!

Comment

I really hope this fight gets made. Probably the best fight in boxing that can be made right now. Spence Crawford will surpass that once Crawford does a bit more in the ww division

Comment

this fight is slowly building itself, probably spring of 2019 they will fight.

now I love how folks always complain, whether its Don King or Bob Arum..because of them we never see any great fights. because of them we actually Witness great fights.. ya stupid blind sheep. Arum is hiding Pacman, Arum is protecting Lomachenko. oh my...
          Last edited by Ogecca MaMa; 09-19-2018, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Loma is a skillful a boxer as there is in the world - I cant think of anyone else around that weight who could school Linares the way Linares schooled Crolla. M.Garcia is just too big for him though and skillful enough with it.

Comment

Mikey Gracia: I rather fight Spence, a fight with Loma will be too hard to make because of his promoter......

Comment

Notice how we always get these statements after his guys are signed up to fight others.

He's a good promoter I'll give him that.

Comment

We all know Mikey is going to price himself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Notice how we always get these statements after his guys are signed up to fight others.

He's a good promoter I'll give him that.
                    What are you talking about? Arum been saying that Loma wants Mikey. This is not a secret.

“I don’t believe that,” Arum told me. “We have a very good relationship with his brother Robert. He doesn’t want to fight Loma because Loma beats him. If Mikey indicated he wanted to fight Loma, assuming Loma wins in December, then Loma would want to fight him. We could sit over a weekend and hash out a deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X