Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who deserved to win, Golovkin or Canelo? (public poll)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever who thinks Lara lost vs Canelo but Canelo won vs GGG is a hypocrate!

Comment

My instinct was that it was a draw, and it was scored a draw. The 118-110 scorecard is going to cause a lot of angst with fans (crap scorecard), but honestly I know no one will like it but the draw was the right result.

There were 4 swing rounds - if you give all 4 swing rounds to one guy you have 116-112. If you have it 3-1, you have one guy 115-113, if you give those swing rounds even (like me) you have it 114-114.

Comment

Comment

Golovkin on a first viewing without trying to score. Canelo did not pile on the points the way say a Cotto did in Margarito I or Conn did against Louis before he got stopped. Wasn't that kind of fight. Doesn't seem like that kind of argument. He scored but only marginally more so. Add Golovkin's extreme generalship and his own significant scoring totals and I can't see how Canelo won.

Comment

I thought GGG won 6-5-1, however I have no problem with the draw in general. But that Judge Byrd needs to be indefinitley suspended from the sport and an investigation for corruption needs to be run here. If they found out that that judge was paid off or had anything to do with the betting on the fight he should be thrown in jail AND forced to pay a fatass fine, they need to make an example out of one of these corrupt judges for the other judges to see. It's like there are no consequences for being a corrupt judge in boxing.

Back to the fight, I think Canelo showed early that he's a step above GGG in class and skills, however what he lacked was the natural size and stamina to be able to consistently throw punches to back up GGG. He had to take breathers on these ropes because the pace was too hard for a guy moving up from 154 lbs with stamina issues already. But when Canelo was working he was doing great, he just couldn't work consistently enough ágainst GGG, I'd actually prefer a rematch between Daniel Jacobs and GGG over a rematch between Canelo and GGG.

As far as GGG, I think he's a technically a very good fighter, but I didn't see anything special from him tonight, he just fought like the bigger man that he clearly was and picked up the pace when Canelo was taking breaks, He can punch, but his power has been way too overhyped, he also freezes when the opponent fights back, doesn't react well to feints at all. I'd favor Jacobs and Canelo in the respective rematches even though I favored GGG in both first fights.
            Last edited by Dip_Slide; 09-17-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post

this has to be a fake.

Comment

I had it a draw but to be honest I was watching USC vs Texas on my phone. I really only watched the fight between plays. But I thought Canelo won the first 4 rounds easy. And I gave him the last 2. But like I said I didn't pay attention like I usually do when I watch boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
                      this has to be a fake.
                      It's a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X