Collapse
No announcement yet.

You cant beat the Repo man

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new thing now (I think it's new) is they go to parking lots and scan the license plates. If they get a hit you get towed. ANd it doesn't matter what state. It's a nationwide system. Happened to a friend of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      The new thing now (I think it's new) is they go to parking lots and scan the license plates. If they get a hit you get towed. ANd it doesn't matter what state. It's a nationwide system. Happened to a friend of mine.
      They've always scanned parking lots, but those scanners let them do it faster.

True story....One of those repo guys told me they were really after this one certain car. Big time. This guy and his wife had bought a brand new BMW for her, and not made a single payment on it. It was 6 months or so in when they got it.

They said the people were flippant about it. They even taunted the repo men saying how they always garage parked it and her job was in a gated workplace.

But eventually the repo guys won. Sure enough, they were scanning the mall parking lots around Christmas time and there was that BMW.

They told me how they hooked it up, but didn't leave. They sat there waiting til that woman came out with her arms full of shopping bags and they so rubbed it in her face she now had no car.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
        They've always scanned parking lots, but those scanners let them do it faster.

True story....One of those repo guys told me they were really after this one certain car. Big time. This guy and his wife had bought a brand new BMW for her, and not made a single payment on it. It was 6 months or so in when they got it.

They said the people were flippant about it. They even taunted the repo men saying how they always garage parked it and her job was in a gated workplace.

But eventually the repo guys won. Sure enough, they were scanning the mall parking lots around Christmas time and there was that BMW.

They told me how they hooked it up, but didn't leave. They sat there waiting til that woman came out with her arms full of shopping bags and they so rubbed it in her face she now had no car.
        So you guys are saying, that tow truck drivers have access to the same database that cops have, that can't be true.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
          That is the stupidest shlt I have ever seen.

Some people really must have shlt for brains.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            I used to work in a gas station around the corner from a tow yard.

The guys came there to fill up the trucks all the time.

They told some great stories about some of the repos they did.

I will say this, they will get you in the end unless you pay up.
            Well yeah you're gonna have to pay your bills, there's nothing you can do to get away from paying your bills.

On top of that, who do they think is gonna fix their car and other damages lol

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
              So you guys are saying, that tow truck drivers have access to the same database that cops have, that can't be true.
              My friend from Detroit came here to Cincinnati and his car for repo'd. He parked it in a garage at his house. Here in Cincinnati he parked it in a apt complex parking lot. We tried to figure out for weeks how they found his car. I thought gps but he said he knows for a fact the car didn't have gps. I saw a repo man at the gas station one night and asked him & he said it was a license plate scan. He said they have someone driving around scanning plates and if they get a hit they call them. And apt complexes is their busiest areas because you can scan a lot of plates in a short period

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
                No.

They aren't scanning for warrants, they are scanning for cars on the repo list.

Comment

Comment

My other favorite Repo Man:

Comment

Working...
                    X