Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serena loses another final and throws another Diva Fit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was entertaining when McEnroe and others did it so I don't see her behaviour as some huge outrage. It was wrong but it was understandable for someone to lose their cool on such a big stage, in the final, if ref calls go against them. Athletes overreact and if you afterwards accept you handled it wrong then no big deal. I do dislike that instead realising she reacted the wrong way, she tried to spin it as making a step forward for women and being a feminist etc.

'It's good because a lot of women now feel they can become verbally abusive if they suspect someone of sexism' is her takeaway from what happened. Seems to me the real lesson is that any kids watching should see why they should keep their cool when playing sports and not call the ref a thief and a cheat. Even if the ref is wrong there's a way to go about it, and even if there's no way to get him to change his mind at least don't cost yourself further penalties.

She's the biggest name female in the sport, she's on home soil with the crowd supporting what she does. So acting this way halfway through a game puts pressure on the officials to favour her. Not saying that was her motivation in that moment but any experienced player in any top sport is aware of this affect.

All that being said...we see boxers come out with this kind of stuff and worse all the time and I always accept that it takes hyper-confidence to succeed at the highest level of any sport and sometimes people with those personalities don't take losing well. A few months back the guy that killed her sister got out of prison without her even getting a warning about it happening first. I give her props on her moral code for not hiring someone to find, kill the guy and bury him deep because that's what most of us would do if we had her money.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clegg View Post
      It was entertaining when McEnroe and others did it so I don't see her behaviour as some huge outrage. It was wrong but it was understandable for someone to lose their cool on such a big stage, in the final, if ref calls go against them. Athletes overreact and if you afterwards accept you handled it wrong then no big deal. I do dislike that instead realising she reacted the wrong way, she tried to spin it as making a step forward for women and being a feminist etc.

'It's good because a lot of women now feel they can become verbally abusive if they suspect someone of sexism' is her takeaway from what happened. Seems to me the real lesson is that any kids watching should see why they should keep their cool when playing sports and not call the ref a thief and a cheat. Even if the ref is wrong there's a way to go about it, and even if there's no way to get him to change his mind at least don't cost yourself further penalties.

She's the biggest name female in the sport, she's on home soil with the crowd supporting what she does. So acting this way halfway through a game puts pressure on the officials to favour her. Not saying that was her motivation in that moment but any experienced player in any top sport is aware of this affect.

All that being said...we see boxers come out with this kind of stuff and worse all the time and I always accept that it takes hyper-confidence to succeed at the highest level of any sport and sometimes people with those personalities don't take losing well. A few months back the guy that killed her sister got out of prison without her even getting a warning about it happening first. I give her props on her moral code for not hiring someone to find, kill the guy and bury him deep because that's what most of us would do if we had her money.
      Well said, I don't think she's gonna apology, she seams proud of abusing umpire like it's some kind of victory in losing the final. I prefer her playing outside of US, she would never do that abroad.

Comment

• Serena is the goat but she stepped out of line here. Her behavior was embarrassing, she was losing and took it out on the umpire.

I don't see how people think Serena was in the right here, she got it wrong here folks. Very poor sportsmanship..

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Exactly.

To properly asses who was better we will have to wait years after Serena's retirement after everyone has cooled off.
          Well said, until then it's really hard to compare them and be objective about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
            It's clear that you care a lot about tennis.

So show me your thread when Sharapova got caught and subsequently banned for PEDS.
            Sharapova got banned and after coming back she's not calling anti doping agency thieves. You will spin every fact around not to admit Serena deserve the crap she's getting now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
              But it is a personal opinion that Grand Slames is what counts the most when assessing players' greatness.
              Sure. But Grand Slam titles have usually been the #1 criteria for determining tennis greatness.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Sure. But Grand Slam titles have usually been the #1 criteria for determining tennis greatness.

Then Margaret Court is the best as she has won 24

Comment

• Originally posted by Boksfan View Post
                  Sharapova got banned and after coming back she's not calling anti doping agency thieves. You will spin every fact around not to admit Serena deserve the crap she's getting now.
                  What's to spin?

A simple question for you.

What's worse, taking PEDS to improve performance or calling an Umpire a thief?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi Vader View Post
                    What's to spin?

A simple question for you.

What's worse, taking PEDS to improve performance or calling an Umpire a thief?
                    You are pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      Serena once again becomes an abusive Diva because she was losing.

Naomi Osaka dominated Serena in the opening set winning 6-2.

Then it was just a matter of time before Serena throws a tantrum and tries to play victim.

He coach tried to give her illegal coaching during match, and rightfully had a point violation.

Then Serena saw she can use this as an excuse for getting her ass beat. So she launched an tirade against the umpire.

She demands an apology and claims she wasn't cheating. But her coach has come out and says he was coaching.

So not only was she cheating she lied about it too.

Then she smashes up her racket and gets a warning for that.

But as she gets beat by the better player. She takes the her frustrations out on the umpire calling him thief and a liar.

The umpire has enough and gives her a game penalty.

And the stupid crowd support her.

She is a disgrace to tennis.

Boxers are more disciplined and have respect for the match officials.

Then she complains it happens all the time and how it is sexist and how men get away with much worse

Federer, Nadal or Novak don't behave like that.

Sooner she gets out of tennis the better
                      she's black.

she looks like a tranny muscular dude.

blacks play the victim all the time when they are not on a winning end then blame it on the white man.

white crowd are cucks.

people get dumber every day like Tennis is an important thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X