Official(ish) Boxing Betting Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    you're sharp as always

in regards to danny vs porter, tough tough fight to bet on, danny always gets more rounds from judges than he should, he lost to thurman because he wasnt aggressive enough and didnt throw enough especially in the earlier rounds, fighters usually try to correct flaws from their first loss. porter said he didnt have a great camp and he did injure his left hand vs granados so those two might be linked. both have great chins, i think danny has better chin, danny definitely has more power
    porter is gonna move a lot, danny likes to counter punching so hes gonna try to time porter on the way in

if you had to press me , i would choose fight to go distance at 4/11 as the play
    agree, got distance in an acca but i think ill risk porter because when the fight first got made i favored porter heavily, now i see everyone picking garcia so less confident, think he can win on activity alone..

Comment

• dan_cov mlac all the method of victory markets are out. You guys see anything mate?

Mastrangelo you see anything with the american cards this weekend dude?

Comment

• Mastrangelo martin won his title because opponent was injured, before that hadn't fought anybody good. He quit vs joshua. Whilst i recognise martin prefers fighters to come to him and kownacki is crude defensively , I would never bet on someone like Martin. i dont think martin is gonna throw enough shots to win. i will probably wait for in-play on this one

Great point about danny's effectiveness being reduced due to porter coming in low. danny's shots are well disguised, it is difficult to tell if he is gonna go to the body or head with the way he throws the shots and this wont be as effective vs a small compact guy like porter. also agree with danny on the inside, herrera was schooling him on the inside. But herrera and morales have better jabs than porter. herrera's jab is harder to read, is way more frequent and comes from his waist and he doesnt lunge in everytime after throwing it like porter does, and morales has a hall of fame jab. Porter is not active on the outside, it is when he gets inside that he lets his hands go , and that is because of his lack of boxing iq, brook outboxed him. Garcia does not telegraph his power shots like porter does and i can see danny catching porter with enough accurate and clean shots to win. I am probably gonna wait for in-play for this one too.

Comment

• underdogs i like

porter 6/5 decision 2/1

main: tommy langford 5/6

acca:
          Porter/Garcia to go the distance
          Kownacki
          Golovkin
          Lemule

4/1

Comment

• Mastrangelo i revise statement about porters jab. It is quite active and deleted my opinion of ioka before reading your post...saw him fight ruenrog and was not impressed. Not gonna bet it. And yea the way you say the fight is gonna play out is accurate. Arroyo also looks like the bigger guy
            mlac acca looks good

Comment

• I put a bet on Hrgovic to win by UD.

Additionally, I go for:
              Porter - Garcia to go the distance
              Kownacki
              Donnie Nietes

Comment

• Amir Mansour is a huge 10\1 underdog vs Hrgovic the guy has no head movement, an extremely low lead and pulls back in straight lines he doesn't even tuck his chin. Amir will have every chance to land that signature right hook. 10\1 underdog? Even if it is in Croatia and Amir is 42 or whatever those odds are way too wide. Way too wide.

Martin 2\1 underdog, I don't see him not beating Kownacki.

Comment

• Kownacki - Martin is a difficult call for me, same as Ugas - Barrionuevo.

Ugas hit the canvas against Dulorme, and this Argentinian guy has knockout power.

Comment

• Going with Martin+Garcia double at 4-1. Kownacki's weight is a negative for his chances and I think he'll get tagged easier than people expect. I'd prefer Porter to win, it's doable for him but it feels a lot like a distance fight and Danny is just that bit smarter at winning rounds and landing eye catching shots.

Comment

• Shawn Porter (+150) vs Danny Garcia $200.00 for $300.00

Comment

Working...
                      X