Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Shreds Canelo-GGG PPV: Time For HBO To Leave Boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    For me it all started with Mayweather. I'm a Floyd fan, but far from a "big" fan if his. However, when HBO media started slamming Floyd and praising Manny...I knew there and then HBO was the Fox News of sports broadcasting.

All of Mannys celebrated wins came after Floyd...already did beat them. Hatton, DLH, Mosley, JMM, etc.

Now half the sport - including the WBC - operate an initiative to clean-up the sport of boxing, but HBO would say "if Manny wont bend to your will Floyd...". How is it bending to someone's will if both fighters are being tested?? THEYRE BOTH BEING TESTED. One guy is saying he won't while climbing record number of divisions and stopping larger opponents while another guy is winning in the same way he always has and trying to do drug testing.

Everything else was just HBO trying to "influence" people and they succeeded only in my cancellation of anything Jim wife beating Lampley had to say about anything. Add Merchant and Lederman to that group too.

Anything HBO Boxing did well died in 2012.
    Floyd did not beat Cotto or JMM before Manny did.

Comment

Originally posted by DARKSEID View Post
      That's dumb. Why would you want less boxing outlets?

HBO used to be the premiere boxing network, and they're not anymore, but what possible reason would you possibly have for them to go away?

The only result we would get is less boxing coverage
      ESPN and Showtime/CBS/Fox is better than whatever HBO was doing, honestly.

HBO as a network is in trouble if you ask me. Their golden ticket dragon show wraps up soon and almost all of its hype has died down. They have no other quality shows that I'm aware of...even if the production value is excellent.

I'll take Netflix over HBO any and every day. Hell Hulu too for that matter

Comment

Originally posted by AboutBillions View Post
        HBO did this to themselves, they are very very harsh critiques and Biased, lack of respect of fighters making money on their platform. They had a monopoly at one stage where they thought they can control narrative and public opinion. Run Smear Campaigns on their own fighters they don’t like but keep on winning. to the point fighters started to leave.
        Biased old Bitter Men Killed HBO.
        They did it to themselves.......

Comment

Anyone gots Sirius Radio & heard this whole show? What else was said about HBO?

Arum's definitely right in regards to the long ass pause. I believe it was a 1hr20mins between the last undercard fight & the main event. Thats f#cked up. Idk why you don't show Vergil Ortiz's fight & some of the other undercard fights to fill up your time. No one wanted to see these mfers talk for 80 minutes.

Comment

Bob was not complaining when he was milking them with his shyt cards.

HBO has to start changing their announcers. Their formats are good but nobody really respects Lampley and Roy is simply too full of himself

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfie* View Post
              They should have waited at least 45 mins then put Munguia's fight after that.
              Why not just show the f#cking fights?

The UFC & MMA in general murders this in comparison to boxing. They got mfers coming & going into the cage like mfers bout to be late.

Boxing gots all these pauses & waits. F#ck that show me boxing. On Sunday the only time they aren't showing you football is when its halftime & before it starts. Once football is on they are showing you football all f#cking day.

Boxing needs to show some f#cking boxing. F#ck pauses.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Bob was not complaining when he was milking them with his shyt cards.

HBO has to start changing their announcers. Their formats are good but nobody really respects Lampley and Roy is simply too full of himself
                Bob was complaining they kept denying his cards. Thats why he left.

Comment

Wildin' Wilder says

hbo doesn't seem interested in boxing but the card's unraveling is mostly due to goldenboy

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                    Floyd did not beat Cotto or JMM before Manny did.
                    JMM won fight 1 and had a draw in fight 2.

I didnt say Floyd beat Cotto first, but Cotto after Margarito, at a catchweight, and with a brand new trainer who is now a pizza delivery guy - does not impress me.

Again, Manny refused all drug testing like a COWARD.

Comment

When I watch fights on Showtime I don't notice a bias. Pretty much ever. I'd love nothing more than to see Canelo and Golovkin get co-promoted by Arum, Haymon or even Hearn.

Comment

Working...
                      X