No announcement yet.

Joshua's Legacy Forever Tainted

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
    Can't argue with that...but we can't say an is ducking the fight if it ends up happening next year. Hearn offered up a path to build the fight, wilder's people rejected that strategy and came up with wild card.

It already been over a year, it will be more than two years next year.

It is the fact that the fight was presented to him the other guy wanted it and you turn it down.

It says something about who are as a man.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
      I don't think AJ's legacy is "forever tainted".

But, I do think that whoever wins in late November has a good chance of being considered the best Heavy in the world.

That will be especially true if AJ turns in another boring performance next month like he has his last two times out.

AJ needs to dominate Povetkin and hope Wilder/Fury is a snoozefest (fat chance of that happening).

If those two things don't happen, AJ can hold all the belts in the world, he will still look like second best to lots of folks.
      how do you see AJ/povetkin playing out?

i know a few people think povetkin is a legit threat and can get inside of AJ....i personally dont think povetkin is a threat....i think it depends on how AJ approaches this...if he goes safety its an easy win.....povetkin wont be able to touch much of him if hes cautious....i could see AJ going cautious and racking up rounds and then going for a knockout real late

Comment

Originally posted by buddyr View Post
        and what makes you think AJ is gonna get in the ring with the winner of Wilder/Fury within the next 2 years?
        I think he is going to get the same type of pressure Canelo got to fight GGG.

Worse actually, because I don't think British fans will stand for him avoiding a Fury or Wilder fight next year- he is going to have to fight one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          how do you see AJ/povetkin playing out?

i know a few people think povetkin is a legit threat and can get inside of AJ....i personally dont think povetkin is a threat....i think it depends on how AJ approaches this...if he goes safety its an easy win.....povetkin wont be able to touch much of him if hes cautious....i could see AJ going cautious and racking up rounds and then going for a knockout real late
          I think AJ does the same thing he did against Parker, use his height and reach to pile up points and stay safe.

I think he stops Povetkin tho, because unlike what Joseph did, Alexander will come for AJ...and get caught.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
            It already been over a year, it will be more than two years next year.

It is the fact that the fight was presented to him the other guy wanted it and you turn it down.

It says something about who are as a man.
            Yea, cuz boxing has nothing to do with money. It's ridiculous how whiny people are getting about this fight. It's a common occurrence in boxing for big fights to "marinate" longer than we like. If hearn didn't have such a big mouth about it, this would be nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

I think AJ does the same thing he did against Parker, use his height and reach to pile up points and stay safe.

I think he stops Povetkin tho, because unlike what Joseph did, Alexander will come for AJ...and get caught.
              i think he could stop him too...i agree he will prob fight cautious....parker couldnt get to him and hes bigger than povetkin with similar reach(1 inch listed)....i can see AJ getting confident after piling up rounds and wanting to put on a show and at least for a bit trying to get him out of there....he needs to do something to get some of the heat off him

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                i think he could stop him too...i agree he will prob fight cautious....parker couldnt get to him and hes bigger than povetkin with similar reach(1 inch listed)....i can see AJ getting confident after piling up rounds and wanting to put on a show and at least for a bit trying to get him out of there....he needs to do something to get some of the heat off him
                He might try to come on late except he gasses pretty easily still.

My guess is if he gets far enough ahead, he will try to do something in the late mid part of the fight, round 8 or 9. If he can't get him out then, AJ will cruise and not risk his 0.

Comment

He might try to come on late except he gasses pretty easily still.

My guess is if he gets far enough ahead, he will try to do something in the late mid part of the fight, round 8 or 9. If he can't get him out then, AJ will cruise and not risk his 0.
                  i have very reliable sources that can confirm that povetkin is actually 64 years old

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Joshua will be know as a ducker, never to have faced his main rivals, sat back and took the easy fights while the others manned up and fought.

Fury beat Klitschko first, Joshua was too scared to step up. Joshua even made excuses not to fight Fury back then

Now the WBC champ, Wilder will face off against the Heavyweight lineal champ.

If Fury wins, he will be forever ranked above Joshua, then man to stepped up and be the champions, while Joshua hid behind Eddie Hearn.

Wilder has already proved that he is willing to step up for the big fights only for Joshua to duck him, and beating Fury will cement his position above Joshua.

These could have been scalps of undefeated champs on Joshua's record, but with them fighter each other one will be definitely gone, and with time running out in their primes, Joshua's best win is still against a 41 year old Wlad, who was coming of a loss to Fury.

Ducking hurts your legacy, and not taking the big fights when then the present themselves, for not chasing them, when they are so few around, shows the world that you are not a champ, just a fraud.

Fury and Wilder, criticize their style all you want, but they will step up and back up their words rather than hide behind their promoter, stay at home and take the safe fights.
                    Joshua takes the safe fights? He's the one who is willing to fight the best out there. He's cleaning out the division while Wilder is either fighting bums or taking on a Fury that looks like ****. Joshua has standards which is why he wanted Fury to get back to his best before they fight. But if Fury insisted, Joshua would have no problem getting it on with this version and wiping him out.

Joshua was too scared to fight Wlad when he was champ? Are you for ****ing real? Why would a fighter with so few fights and little to no experience fight the champ at that point? It doesn't make any sense. You're talking garbage here, plain and simple.

Wilder has proven he is willing to step up for the big fights? Hahahahahahahahahaha. He's fought one old man who looked liked **** in 40 fights. That's evidence that proves you wrong in every way imaginable. Stop talking nonsense.

Comment

Joshua is fighting a tougher opponent than Wilder is. Based on what I saw yesterday Fury is definitely NOT ready for a title shot yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X