Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's excuse for not making Loma-Tank is a dead giveaway.He exposed the real reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd's excuse for not making Loma-Tank is a dead giveaway.He exposed the real reason

Floyd claims neither he or Tank are scared of Tank fighting Loma, or losing to Loma. He says that's not the reason he won't make the Loma-Tank fight. Instead, this is the reason he gave:

But if you rush and take all of the hard fights now, then you won't make it to 38 or 39 in the boxing business. There is no rush
    The problem is, that answer doesn't make sense, and it exposes that the real answer has to be simply that he and/or Tank think Loma would kick his ass. Otherwise, what does "if you rush and take all the hard fights now" have to do with Loma-Tank? If fans were pressuring Tank to fight Mikey Garcia, GGG, Crawford, Spence, Thurman, and Matthysse all in the next two years, then the context of Floyd's answer would make sense, but nothing he said actually explains why this one singular fight, with no rematch clause, can't happen. Why can't Tank take one real fight against someone who is not even a huge puncher, and then if it's a hard fight, fight cab drivers for another few years like he was planning to anyway? Or if the fight with Loma is a great competitive fight, do the rematch a couple years down the line, and it will be twice as big due to the first one being such a good fight.

Floyd's answer would work as an explanation for why he doesn't want to put Tank in with tons of elite, dangerous opponents back to back at a young age, but as an explanation for why Tank won't fight Loma, it fails completely. He basically said that boxer can fight top opponents in their careers, and even have tough fights, but that those tough fights need to be spaced out in order for the fighter to have longevity. But he never answered the question, then okay, why can't Loma be one of those fights? And since Loma isn't even known as a huge puncher, who's to say it will even end up being a tough or brutal fight? It could just be a good learning experience boxing lesson where Tank doesn't even take that much damage.

So, since the answer Floyd gave for not making Loma-Tank does not even make sense in the context of this one fight, rather than a string of fights against bigger punchers than Loma, I think it makes it even more obvious that Floyd is hiding the real reason, which is that either he, or Tank, or both, do not think Tank is good enough to compet with Lomachenko. Floyd isn't worried about Tank taking punishment... I mean, if you look at the "doghouse sparring" Floyd has his guys do for peanuts in the gym, it seems like Floyd doesn't actually care about whether his fighters take punishment at all, it seems like that whole schtick is just a lie he used to excuse ducking opponents... Floyd is worried about Tank getting exposed as a hype job and losing the fans they've fooled into believing he's a top fighter, because that will affect Tank's ability to sell tickets.

He doesn't have faith in Tank perhaps losing a very competitive fight, like Lomachenko did vs Salido, and then learning from it, rebounding with a bunch of big wins, like Lomachenko did, and building himself as a draw from the ground up based on talent and top wins as his career goes on, because he doesn't think Tank is good enough, or ever will be good enough, to actually put together top wins in the future. He seems to view Tank as a hypejob who will have to be protected his entire career, because the moment he fights a real one, the hype will be exposed, and Floyd doesn't think the talent is there to ever earn that hype back with actual in-ring performances against top guys.

At least, that's kind of what it sounds like. Otherwise, why can't Tank-Loma be Tank's first big fight? Then, depending on how it goes, they can go back to protecting Tank for a few years, for "longevity's" sake. Based on Floyd's own logic, there would seem to be no problem with that. Except, of course, for what Floyd didn't say, which is that he thinks Tank will get dominated so badly that it will hurt his brand. What do y'all think? I just want to see the #1 at 130 fight the #2.
    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 01-01-2018, 03:29 AM.

that big bully lomachenko needs to leave poor tank alone!!!!

Comment

Of course he doesn’t think Davis is ready yet, he is right doe. And to be honest as much as I didn’t like it I like his honesty about the whole “Dont rush” thing. Am sure they looking from their side and thinking if we fight now Davis gets his ass kicked and we get little money for it too, but another 18 months or 2 years down the line that same fight earns each about 4/5 million dollars.

Comment

Tank is a baby compared to Lomachenko. This is a fact. Lomachenko's experience doesn't compare to Tank's. This is a fact. There is NO reason for Tank at this point of his career to be taking a fight like that.

He's literally a baby. Just turned 23 in November that was a month ago. Doesn't even have 20 pro fights.

Lomachenko has a ridiculous amount of extensive amateur experience, including two gold medals and probably the best record in amateur history 396 wins with only 1 loss.

It would be a complete JOKE for Lomachenko to fight Tank right now. They aren't even close. Give Tank ATLEAST 2-3 more years of solid pro experience and then you can BEGIN the discussions to have him take on a guy like that when he's atleast 25-26. I believe even then he would be at a disadvantage and underdeveloped.

But, you know, boxing fans don't like him because he's Floyd's guy so they won't acknowledge this and they will probably quote this and come up with some excuse about how I'm wrong about him severely lacking experience or something. It is what it is.

Lomachenko is the #1 p4p fighter in the world, he needs to MOVE UP AND FIGHT THE BEST AT 135 AND 140. By the best I mean THE BEST. Period. Linares, Mikey - those type of guys. Actual good experienced fighters who have paid their dues in boxing and should be fighting in high profile fights like that.
        Last edited by lolpz; 01-01-2018, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Champs should fight champs no matter their ages. But the groupies will say oh hes not champ anymore he lost it on the scale. If u can be world champion ur ready for any champ in ur division. Thats why ufc model is a model I wish boxing would follow. Champs vs champs. The best vs the best. **** that oh we will wait in 5 years bs.

Anyways Loma ****s him up anytime of the day. I want Loma vs Mikey once he moves up. That's the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            Of course he doesn’t think Davis is ready yet, he is right doe. And to be honest as much as I didn’t like it I like his honesty about the whole “Dont rush” thing. Am sure they looking from their side and thinking if we fight now Davis gets his ass kicked and we get little money for it too, but another 18 months or 2 years down the line that same fight earns each about 4/5 million dollars.
            He didn't say 2 years. He said in 9 years when he's 37.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              Tank is a baby compared to Lomachenko. This is a fact. Lomachenko's experience doesn't compare to Tank's. This is a fact. There is NO reason for Tank at this point of his career to be taking a fight like that.

He's literally a baby. Just turned 23 in November that was a month ago. Doesn't even have 20 pro fights.

Lomachenko has a ridiculous amount of extensive amateur experience, including two gold medals and probably the best record in amateur history 396 wins with only 1 loss.

It would be a complete JOKE for Lomachenko to fight Tank right now. They aren't even close. Give Tank ATLEAST 2-3 more years of solid pro experience and then you can BEGIN the discussions to have him take on a guy like that when he's atleast 25-26. I believe even then he would be at a disadvantage and underdeveloped.

But, you know, boxing fans don't like him because he's Floyd's guy so they won't acknowledge this and they will probably quote this and come up with some excuse about how I'm wrong about him severely lacking experience or something. It is what it is.

Lomachenko is the #1 p4p fighter in the world, he needs to MOVE UP AND FIGHT THE BEST AT 135 AND 140. By the best I mean THE BEST. Period. Linares, Mikey - those type of guys. Actual good experienced fighters who have paid their dues in boxing and should be fighting in high profile fights like that.
              Why does Loma has to move up. Tell tank to move up since he can't make weight. Loma makes weight no problem.

Loma moved up already and he will move up again when he feels like it.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post

Was Tank world champ or not?

Comment

First post wasn't long enough. Will read if you add more content.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
                    Why does Loma has to move up. Tell tank to move up since he can't make weight. Loma makes weight no problem.

Loma moved up already and he will move up again when he feels like it.
                    Because he's the best. That's why. The best moves up and fights the best. There's no one at 130 for him to fight that matches up with him. He beats them all and everyone knows this. No one wants to see the best fight against people who CLEARLY aren't at his level. He needs to go to where there are fighters at, near, or closer his skill level.

Tank WAS champion, but like I said, he's a baby. You cannot compare Loma and Tank as fighters and they shouldn't be in the ring together until Tank gains some experience and matures as a fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X