Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggest fall from grace this year: Kovalev, Chocolatito, or Rigondeaux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kov didn't fall from grace IMO. He got beat by a better fighter, whom IMO he beat the 1st fight.

Chocalito didn't fall from grace IMO. He ran into a bigger man and the miles caught up to him. He also was probably over rated as #1 p4p.

Rigo fell from grace. He quit and it turned out he didn't have a broken hand. Even though he was expected to lose by many, he went out like a *****. Unfortunately, this will be how he is remembered by most rather than a great boxer.

Comment

Definitely not kovalev. He was fighting on even terms with arguably the p4p #1 on two separate occasions. Both fights ended in controversy against his favor. He bounced back nicely in his latest comeback fight and has alot of options at his weight class.

Chocolatito was a massive favorite and was the other candidate for p4p #1 when he faced tough but limited sor rungsivai. Took alot of punshment while dishing out alot as well but lost a controversial decision. Got absolutley steamrolled in the rematch. Its tough to say whats next from here, but like kova he does have alot of options at his weight class.

Rigo moved up two divisions to take on the sensational lomachenko. Was underdog, but Talked alot of **** in the lead up to the fight. Went on to get white washed for 6 rounds until he said no mas citing a hand injury.

Although choco was the favorite, he did fight a big relentless SOB and despite alot of adversity, never once showed any quit. Rigo was an underdog but wasnt taking alot of damage. He just seemed to be very frustrated and bailed out when he wasnt having his way. the hand injury seems to be a lame excuse since it turns out it wasnt broken.

Rigo by far had the biggest fall from grace imo. He already had a tough time as it is getting tv coverage and willing opponents because of his defensive style. Now that his 0 is gone, his belt is gone, and aura is gone, theres little to no reason for any big name fighter to get in the ring with him. Even less people will be willing to tune in to any of his fights in the foreseeable future as well.

Comment

Roman easily. P4p #1 gets beat in first fight and gets brutalized in second fight

Comment

I thought Roman won the first fight with Srungvisavrs

Rigo got castrated but I hope after he showed his weakness all these fighters at 126 including grj, the irish jackal and that santa claus guy won't be scared of fighting him anymore
          Last edited by g27region; 12-13-2017, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            if he quit like rigo did then no.

i think this is what you're missing. people is not just dissing rigo because he lost to loma. people is dissing him because of how he went out.

he quit when it wasnt going his way and it wasnt like he was taking a major beating (in fact, he wasnt taking much damage). he was just getting outclassed and decided to end the fight by quitting.
            even in fantasy I'm given you fact that Rigo and Loma were higher P4P ranked than Garcia vs Spence, and the fight happend. I'm saying Garcia vs Spence HAPPEN between a two different weight class gap. Broner is small Welterweight. Garcia says he's a ''small'' for 140.
            Spence is a big Welterweight and could fight at 154.

If Garcia vs Spence happens now, who do you think would win? What rehydration limit would Garcia request?

Comment

Roman gonzalez and by far. I dont even remember the guys' name that beat him. That bad is his downfall

Comment

Rigondeaux is the best answer but in reality Kovalev had the most to lose. Rigondeaux has been inactive and far removed from the win over Donaire. No one expected him to come up 2 weight classes and beat Lomachenko. Chocolatito was never seen by the fans as the true P4P king so it wasn't as big a deal that he lost. Kovalev on the other hand was considered unbeatable and already considered a superstar in boxing. His fans exhaulted him a lot higher than Rigondeaux and Chocolatito was ever seen. Ward was ridiculed and overlooked by Kovalev's fan. They're still having a hard time getting over the fact that he lost.

Comment

Chocolatito and Rigo. Kovy probably won first fight and despite losing the 2nd fight still remains a very real threat.

Chocolatito and rigo could be broken goods imo

Comment

I also thought Choc won the first fight but I suppose it's still debatable, it was close. Regardless of him being beaten by a 'nobody' does not disregard Rungvisai's skill set and power. In my opinion, Choc's loss to Rung is not a fall from grace. As someone already stated, it happens.

Kovalev won that first fight, destroyed the second time around. Get over it, move on.

Rigo simply quit, probably my pick as to who fell from grace. People can say Kovalev quit but if we had a poll as to who was the obvious quitter between Rigo and Kov, it would be Rigo...

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
                      I also thought Choc won the first fight but I suppose it's still debatable, it was close. Regardless of him being beaten by a 'nobody' does not disregard Rungvisai's skill set and power. In my opinion, Choc's loss to Rung is not a fall from grace. As someone already stated, it happens.

Kovalev won that first fight, destroyed the second time around. Get over it, move on.

Rigo simply quit, probably my pick as to who fell from grace. People can say Kovalev quit but if we had a poll as to who was the obvious quitter between Rigo and Kov, it would be Rigo...
                      Rigo moved up 2 divisions though. He's still the man in his weight class. Couldn't say the same about the other 2.

Comment

Working...
                      X