No announcement yet.

154 Pounder Ouma exposed Golovkin's defense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    So since he can't hurt him GGG decides to use his face as a shield, I am not even talking about all the body shots he took.
    Well when you punch 5x harder, going toe to toe is an effective approach, right?

You know that Ouma had just lost a hometown decision to Vanes and dropped him, something Lara couldn't do in 2 tries, for example?

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
      I don't know GGG's always been easy to hit dating back to the amateurs. It's just that he hasn't fought many guys with skills.
      i dont know about that, GGGs style is to be aggressive, he isn't trying to hide run and block, he is offense first fighter and that usually means getting hit.

If anyone exhibited same level of aggression they would get hit just as much if not more. there are multiple videos on youtube showing defensive skills.

variety of skills

the Ouma fight was sloppy but it wasn't because Ouma was better than everyone else GGG fought since but because it was just a sloppy fight for GGG and that is it.

Comment

Loeffler words about the Ouma fight:

“That was the first time I saw him fight live, and to be honest I was disappointed,” Loeffler recalled of Golovkin’s 10-round TKO win. “I had seen these previous knockouts on tape and heard all the stories, and then he fights Ouma and he just looked off. And the reason why is — a lot of people don’t realize this — he had a visa issue and they wouldn’t let him and Abel leave the U.S. until he got his visa extended. They spent all day at the airport and then they had to fly in on a red-eye and they didn’t get any sleep on the plane and then they had to change planes in Miami. So he finally showed up and drove directly from the airport to the weigh-in because of the delay. He weighed in and just was completely exhausted from that trip, and that showed with the fight.”
        Src: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/bo...ther-pacquiao/

Comment

I take anything that Loeffer say with a grain of salt. Loeffer is a snake, two-faced bidnizman.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
            i dont know about that, GGGs style is to be aggressive, he isn't trying to hide run and block, he is offense first fighter and that usually means getting hit.

If anyone exhibited same level of aggression they would get hit just as much if not more. there are multiple videos on youtube showing defensive skills.

variety of skills

the Ouma fight was sloppy but it wasn't because Ouma was better than everyone else GGG fought since but because it was just a sloppy fight for GGG and that is it.
            It's easy to show all that skill against bums no

Comment

Ouma created the blueprint!!

If only that fight was recorded so that all the top10 fighters GGG has fought since then could've seen it.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                How do you get exposed when you win by TKO?
                you're an idiot

Comment

This is what SOG would've done but 10x worse!

He better pray that Loeffler don't cheap his way out another fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy 23 View Post
                    you're an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                      We get this sort of thread almost daily on NSB, but i am surprised that no one else could implement anything close to that since... maybe GGG had an off night, there were some stories going around that he had to sleep in the airport (visa problems), Ouma by that point was past it and GGG has fought better fighters since. Ouma isn't the best fighter GGG fought, but he is one of the bigger names GGG fought. Kasim lost to Rosado... and others
                      No he hasn't.

Ouma to this day is the most accomplished fighter GGG has ever fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X