No announcement yet.

Frankie Liles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankie Liles

I need some feedback on this guy. He beat Michael Nunn and some other good SMWs.

I remember when Liles turned pro.. Tall slick southpaw, with a nice jab & reasonable power.. He'd had a great amateur career, winning around 280 fights & a host of titles, & was tipped for the top by most experts..
    He fought pro at super middle & won the WBA title from Tim Littles.. He defended it several times against guys such as Michael Nunn, Steve Little, Frederick Sciellier that I remember, but there were a few more..
    He lost the title to Byron Mitchell by a late TKO, then gradually faded off the scene

Comment

Liles lost to Roy Jones in the Olympic trials and he claims to have beaten Gerald McClellan in the amateurs, he wasnt a big name and maybe thats the reason why Roy never fought him in the pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Emon723 View Post
        Liles lost to Roy Jones in the Olympic trials and he claims to have beaten Gerald McClellan in the amateurs, he wasnt a big name and maybe thats the reason why Roy never fought him in the pro.
        He was the WBA champ with 7 defenses tho.

Comment

Working...
        X